Erroneous info given to Sheriff's Dept while applying for permit - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Erroneous info given to Sheriff's Dept while applying for permit

1. Update

I got my permit ! Everything went thru fine after the clerical error was corrected. So that's 2 down and 1 to go.

Thanks to everyone who posted and shared experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    I got my permit ! Everything went thru fine after the clerical error was corrected. So that's 2 down and 1 to go.

Well, that's good. Congratulations!

4. Thank you ! I can't wait to start using it at a range :-) I have to find a pistol that's small enough to put into a purse - and one that I can slide easily to load. I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and tendon damage in my wrists which has weakened my grip. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Good news. I hope the other comes through.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Thank you ! I can't wait to start using it at a range :-) I have to find a pistol that's small enough to put into a purse - and one that I can slide easily to load. I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and tendon damage in my wrists which has weakened my grip. Any ideas? Thanks!!
    If you're having problems with semi-auto pistols, then you might want to consider getting a revolver. A good double action revolver might be the solution you're looking for. I would strongly recommend that you keep the firearm on your person if you'll be carrying it for personal protection. Too often you will see women fumbling through their purse for keys, cell phones, etc. I even saw a woman blast herself in the face with pepper spray while fumbling through her purse for it. Imagine if she did that with her defensive firearm. Then there's the scenario of being at your local fast food joint when a couple of masked bandits come in to rob the place. You're staring at your purse, which is conveniently placed across from you either on the table or the chair.

Enjoy your time on the range. Good luck!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

There are many purses available with a "hidden" side panel that is separate from the place where you keep your lipstick, car keys, cell phone, etc. My wife owns several. They're not cheap but they do the trick. And the good ones have metal in the straps so that they can't be slashed and grabbed.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

8. I'm going to check out revolvers and other firearms soon. Hopefully I'll find something I can use easily. Good points about being prepared and about the handbag. I'm going to look into this. Thank you!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    I'm going to check out revolvers and other firearms soon. Hopefully I'll find something I can use easily. Good points about being prepared and about the handbag. I'm going to look into this. Thank you!
    They do make ccw lady handbags that are designed for easier access.A Beretta Tom Cat in 32 ACP with hollowpoints is ok.It has a tip up barrel so no need to rack the slide.Congrats with getting an unrestricted permit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234