Changes to Virginia CC laws - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes to Virginia CC laws

Originally here in SC they had the "one gun a month" law and I glad they changed it. Buying one gun a month was getting expensive.

Seriously I was up in NY and found a pristine S&W model 60 AND 66 for $200 and $400 if I was restricted to one gun per month I would have had a tough decision but thankfully it was easy.

3. Looks like lots of new laws coming to VA and other states. Starting to get hard to keep track. Even MD looks like they just might begin reciprocity with adjoining states which includes VA and PA. YAY! No more stopping at the side of the interstate when the GPS says you are going to cross state lines. Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogunguy View Post
    Looks like lots of new laws coming to VA and other states. Starting to get hard to keep track. Even MD looks like they just might begin reciprocity with adjoining states which includes VA and PA. YAY! No more stopping at the side of the interstate when the GPS says you are going to cross state lines. Patience is a virtue.
    I live in MD andthough I'm always hopeful, the CC reciprocity bill (SB52 I think) will not pass IMO. MD is full of people who are under the control of the antis. But who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Swinokur View Post
    I live in MD andthough I'm always hopeful, the CC reciprocity bill (SB52 I think) will not pass IMO. MD is full of people who are under the control of the antis. But who knows?
    yep...as much as I would love HB52 to pass...I can't see the legislature allowing visitors to carry but not their own residents...

Quote Originally Posted by texasnative46 View Post
    to all,

in point of fact, "separation of church & state" is a FICTION promolgated by " anti-religious people".

ALL the First Amendment does is PROHIBIT the federal government from establishing an official NATIONAL church, like The Church of England.
    Actually, that term was coined by none other than Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists. Here's a link: Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Pay attention to the second paragraph, where he clearly explains that the meaning of the first amendment's religion clause was to keep religion a personal matter, and that no government should promote or interfere in any way.

So with this evidence, I respectfully submit that you are incorrect, unless of course you believe Thomas Jefferson was one of those "anti-religious people".

TJ

rayven,

actually Tom Jefferson was NOT conventionally "religious" & would not be considered a Christian by today's standads.

what i originally posted, refernce the First Amendment, was FACT.

yours,TN46

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    yep...as much as I would love HB52 to pass...I can't see the legislature allowing visitors to carry but not their own residents...
    As predicted HB52 failed out of committee 12-10. The antis won but not by much

"Separation of Church and State"? What constitution says that?????

10. Hearsay is that it can still be petitioned past committee to the floor of the House of Delegates but is short 4 votes to do that and those 4 votes are very unlikely to be obtained. Ah well. Got an email from one of the delegates that advises he will try again next year. You have to admit it was VERY close to passing; it is only a matter of time before the political situation swings sufficiently to get the law passed. Patience. Much patience.

11. "Separation of church and state" puts limitations on the government, not the church. The way the tax laws are written, a non-profit may not expend a "significant portion of its assets" to lobbying. If they do this they become a political group, not a religious group in the eyes of the IRS. This is why the "revrund" jesse Jackson and other "revrunds" in the black community can legally put hundreds of thousands towards lobbying; they have millions. But a small church might be investigated if they put thousands towards lobbying if they only have a few thousand in the treasury. "significant portion of its assets" definition is pretty much up to the IRS.

My non-profit could only donate a few bucks towards the upcoming republican clean-sweep this November; I'm broke!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast