CC violation penalties - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC violation penalties

1. Thanks for your feedback. You highlighted "valid" in your description of the sign. What makes the sign valid or not? I have seen many standardized signs in some businesses, and I do not know if these are the only "valid" signs or if they simply have to meet certain other requirements.

Thanks,

Neal

3. Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your feedback after my response to your initial answer.

In some ways when it comes to my CC permit, I almost feel the way that I did when I got my drivers license in terms of understanding that it carries a LOT of responsibility. Even though one is careful when driving, there is still the potential that they may injure or kill someone, or at least break a rule as they are gaining experience. Getting my CC permit is something that I feel is prudent given some of the areas that I sometimes travel through and because I travel out of state several times a year, but now that I am in my 40s there is a heightened sense of responsibility in this area that I may not have had when I got my drivers license.

The other example that came to my mind that caused me to post my initial comments is that it would seem to me that when speaking of retail establishments with more than one entrance that one could enter a facility with a no CC policy but that the sign may be down, or that I could simply miss the posted sign, and I wanted to know what the worst case scenario would be.

Thanks,

Neal

4. We did cover the laws (no carrying in LE offices, federal areas, etc.), but I do not believe that there was any discussion of the penalties (especially for carrying in areas not expressly prohibited by law that are not on the obvious list, like retail establishments). My question is intended to find out what class of penalty is involved in a situation like that were one could miss a sign posted in an area that is not an automatic no carry area.

Thanks,

Neal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12