Concealed carry in gun shops - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry in gun shops

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to just load the little munchkin and leave it in your pocket?
    I assume you're talking about after I've left the place. Since Fla doesn't allow OC I'd just as soon not chance it by bringing the gun out into the open at any point. Lift the flap on the bag, insert mag, rack, walk to my truck. Very simple. I'm not sure how it works in other states but in Fla if you accidentally expose your pistol (all sorts of Freudian interpretations there!) it's a misdemeanor punishable with a fine. I believe if you have more than 2 of those in a 3yr period you get your permit suspended. Not exactly sure but it's something along those lines. I don't plan on having any.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I assume you're talking about after I've left the place. Since Fla doesn't allow OC I'd just as soon not chance it by bringing the gun out into the open at any point. Lift the flap on the bag, insert mag, rack, walk to my truck. Very simple. I'm not sure how it works in other states but in Fla if you accidentally expose your pistol (all sorts of Freudian interpretations there!) it's a misdemeanor punishable with a fine. I believe if you have more than 2 of those in a 3yr period you get your permit suspended. Not exactly sure but it's something along those lines. I don't plan on having any.

No. I was talking about just loading the damn thing before you leave the house , sticking it in your pocket and going about your business
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

No. I was talking about just loading the damn thing before you leave the house , sticking it in your pocket and going about your business
    Like I said in my original post, the gun ranges that I go to (like most ranges) have signs prohibiting loaded weapons anywhere except at the firing line. That makes it technically illegal for me to carry there. I choose to obey the law. That's why I drop the mag before I go in and I load back up after I come out.

Like I said in my original post, the gun ranges that I go to (like most ranges) have signs prohibiting loaded weapons anywhere except at the firing line. That makes it technically illegal for me to carry there. I choose to obey the law. That's why I drop the mag before I go in and I load back up after I come out.
    Ahhh in Colorado those signs have zero legal value. I'd like to say I ignore them routinely but I've only ever actually seen one. However, I did ignore that one so I guess I ignore all of them I see.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

But who doesn't have a second gun?
    LOL me For right now I only have my M&P and my wife has her ruger SR9C. I'm working on getting a Bug but right now money is tight. Plus I'm saving for my Ar15.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I don't have any problems with the only two public in door ranges in my state. They both allow you to carry your loaded CCW weapon. I get on to the firing line and draw from my holster.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Well, my experiences in this is a few times I have been holster shopping. I asked before unholstering, and was politely asked to unload it before testing in the new holster. Maybe, if you are concerned about handling of loaded firearms in your shop/business, you could post a policy on the door that states something like this:

ATTENTION! For everyones safety........Please unload any weapon that will be handled in any way while you are inside place of business. Loaded concealed weapons that stay concealed while on premises is allowed.
    That is what we do as well. Sometimes, a customer will ask about an accessory, new sights, etc... If we know the guy we allow unholstering and clearing of the weapon in a discrete way
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

The Gun shop by me has NO CC sign posted. That doesn't necessarily mean you cannot OC. I for one do respect no CC in a gun store. There could be multiple nasty scenarios concerning this. ALL the employees carry CC or OC as they should. It's there business, they have a lot of high value items out, deadly high valued items. Got no problem with their business plan just their price on a few items...................Hello M1 Garand!!!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Ahhh in Colorado those signs have zero legal value. I'd like to say I ignore them routinely but I've only ever actually seen one. However, I did ignore that one so I guess I ignore all of them I see.
    Gun shops and ranges are the only places down here where I've seen signage prohibiting firearms. They do have legal value down here although the courts upheld the right to have a gun in your car while on private property (i.e. a driveway or parking lot).

Re: Colorado. Also for Treo

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    What guns stores do you go to? Everyone I have ever been to, the workers are OC or CC a firearm (locked and loaded). I have yet to see a gun store search a person, before letting them look at a firearm. So there is nothing stopping a person from loading a "live mag" into the firearm they are looking at. If I'm buying a add on for my firearm I remove it from my holster and clear it. I NEVER hand over my firearm to another person LOADED! Whats to stop them from buying the firearm and ammo, leaving the store and loading it, then coming back in and shooting everyone?
    Here in CO, Green Mt Guns has a sign that says basically 'no loaded guns'. That said, if you go into the store in violation of that, you are trespassing. They can't search a person, but if they notice it...there's a problem.
    Yes, there have been cases where someone has purchased or 'looked at' a gun and loaded it, and done something stupid- just not here that I know of.
    Treo- at the Tanner gun show, they do check the gun and zip-tie it. Once again, if/when you untie it, technically trespassing. They had Colorado Mounted Rangers in the shows right after that guy accidentally shot his friend.
    Also, SW Plaza has signs posted and Jeffco does enforce them.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast