Concealed carry in gun shops - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry in gun shops

1. guns in gun shops

It is hilarious that proponents of carrying a gun anywhere they want, even around people who don't want them around, are so concerned when someone brings a gun to where THEY are.

ha ha ha

3. Loaded weapons in gun stores

Quote Originally Posted by dootman View Post
    When I have the occasion to take a gun into a gun shop, for whatever reason, I always bring it in some kind of container, this can even be a paper bag. I lay the container on the counter and open it after Ive been asked,"how may I help you". I then explain what my business is. I let the clerk pick the gun up. It goes without saying that the gun is ALWAYS unloaded.
    As for my concealed carry weapon for which I of course have a permit, it never comes out of concealment unless I would have the occasion to use it. [So far Ive never had to, thank God!] If for some reason, I can't imagine what, I would want to show my concealed carry weapon to the store clerk, I would first return to my car, unload the gun, and then return to the counter and present it to the clerk in the same manner as described above.
    People are careless and dangerous. A gun store is no place for careless people.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Communic8tor View Post
    People are careless and dangerous. A gun store is no place for careless people.
    Then they should post a "No Careless People Allowed" sign on the door....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by chevfan3 View Post
    The one occasion I had to "draw" my loaded conceal weapon I was just browsing in my local gun shop (Boise Gun). I came across an acessory for that weapon and wanted to see if it fit. I informed the clerk that my weapon was loaded, that I was going to take it out and clear it. I did it safely and responsibly without incident. No one was alarmed and I purchased a nice new "toy" for my favorite conceal weapon.
    I live in one of the most gun friendly states where the laws and attitudes toward gun owners are very lax but this may not be a good idea where you live.
    Is it Florida? Florida is a cool state in many ways - at least North Florida. I just bought a home there and will quit AT&T in Dec and am now a "Floridian." The rural areas and gun shops and owners are intuitive but laid back and gun-owner-friendly. You described North Florida gun attitude.
    Last edited by antietam; 02-24-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    Is it Florida? Florida is a cool state in many ways - at least North Florida. I just bought a home there and will quit AT&T in Dec and am now a "Floridian." The rural areas and gun shops and owners are intuitive but laid back and gun-owner-friendly. You described North Florida gun attitude.
    Actually it's Idaho, the state with the 2nd highest gun to resident ratio in the country (so I've been told by LEOs)....

I always ask before I pull my gun. Then I immediately clear the weapon in front of the clerk. On one occasion the clerk got a pistol from the case that was of the same make and model as mine so I had no reason to check out the holsters I was looking at. Now I know that the weapons in the case are kept empty but I would have felt more comfortable if the clerk had cleared the weapon in front of me. I do not have a round in the pipe when I enter a gun store. I can remove the magazine before presenting the gun. I have received favorable remarks from gun store personnel with my practice. The only one who uncomfortable with my having a loaded magazine at all chewed me out for not having one in the pipe. I found that interesting. If I saw a sign saying no CC I would leave. If I saw a sign saying no loaded weapons I would probably leave. You would have to have something I wanted really bad and didn't want to wait for. A sign that said that I should keep my weapon holstered would be fine. I don't like showing my weapon in public. The guy that pulled their pistol out of the case was great. Had he cleared that weapon he would have been perfect.

This can be a tough one you want guys to come in and buy stuff so you don't want to piss them off but you have a duty to yourself and your other customers to maintain a safe enviorment, put up your sign No Loaded weapons in store, but you know guys with CCWs will come in with them, which is OK, but you have the upper hand here, which is even though you have your sign and they have a loaded weapon as a concealed carry, if they do anything even remotely dangerous, you tell thats not cool, bottom line here is its your store, you can have whatever rules present that you feel is nessessary, you just have to be able to bend the rules a bit to facilitate your sales

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Then they should post a "No Careless People Allowed" sign on the door....
    A Gun store is no place for careless people, thats a dam good idea and a perfect sign for the front door

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    A Gun store is no place for careless people, thats a dam good idea and a perfect sign for the front door
    The perfect sign!

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by ayotte50 View Post
    What is the proper protocol for pulling out loaded firearms in the shop or not doing so.
    Unless you need to shoot someone, don't
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast