Concealed carry in gun shops - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry in gun shops

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
    I always ask before I pull my gun. Then I immediately clear the weapon in front of the clerk. On one occasion the clerk got a pistol from the case that was of the same make and model as mine so I had no reason to check out the holsters I was looking at. Now I know that the weapons in the case are kept empty but I would have felt more comfortable if the clerk had cleared the weapon in front of me. I do not have a round in the pipe when I enter a gun store. I can remove the magazine before presenting the gun. I have received favorable remarks from gun store personnel with my practice. The only one who uncomfortable with my having a loaded magazine at all chewed me out for not having one in the pipe. I found that interesting. If I saw a sign saying no CC I would leave. If I saw a sign saying no loaded weapons I would probably leave. You would have to have something I wanted really bad and didn't want to wait for. A sign that said that I should keep my weapon holstered would be fine. I don't like showing my weapon in public. The guy that pulled their pistol out of the case was great. Had he cleared that weapon he would have been perfect.
    Reason Most gunstores don't "clear" a "new" firearm is that the more tha action gets worked the more the "new" firearm looks "used".......in fact one of my local gunstores has a sign up that says "if u work the action u just bought it"

3. I'm not a store owner but I would think that a level playing field would be best for everyone concerned (store owner, insurance company and other customers). The level playing field comes by way of a sign that details the store policy on any non holstered firearm, rifles included. The level playing field ensures that everyone, including those with little to no training/experience, operate in a safe manner.

In a gun shop, I always ask permission of an employee before drawing my weapon.

5. I most certainly see no issue concealed carrying in any Gun shops and or ranges. Most around here have signs requesting you keep your pistol holstered.

It is always proper gun etiquette to speak to an employee before presenting any weapon. Upon removing weapon from holster, case, or bag weapon should be made safe. That is to in order remove mag, clear action, lock slide. Only then should it be handed to anyone.

A gun should never be pointed at anything you don't intend to shoot.

Be careful with signs.

There is a gun shop with an indoor range in Albuquerque, New Mexico, that used to have a sign on the front door that said: ALL FIREARMS ARE LOADED...NO EXCEPTIONS

I pointed out to the owners that the sign means that I can't come into their shop with an unloaded gun. They said, "No, it means that all guns are to be treated as though they are loaded." I said, "The sign doesn't say that; it says that they ARE loaded."

They eventually changed the sign.

Twenty years ago, the US Department of Energy had a DOE Order, which is an internal Department requlation, that said that all ranges must have a sign posted in the range that also said: ALL FIREARMS ARE LOADED...NO EXCEPTIONS

I tried to get them to change that DOE Order so that the required sign says what it means; that ALL FIREARMS ARE TO BE TREATED AS THOUGH THEY ARE LOADED,

But, of course, being the Federal Government, they can't be logical. To my knowledge, they never did change it.
    Charlie

In my local shops in KY as long as you act right no one cares, but do something stupid and you'll know real quick. One gun shop owner is also a deputy sheriff and if you are talking about you ccw he might ask to see it and then he will show you his. But every one in the shop is very safety minded, and very helpful also I might add.

One of the better gun shops around my area doesn't allow loaded guns in the store anymore...there was a time when they did. That stopped when they had a customer shoot a hole through his hand. Then the same customer shot a hole in the floor a little while later....oh btw that person was a local sheriff....the store doesn't allow carrying in there except for employees. It's a nice store...to bad though...common sense is not common

9. Thumbs down Not the Gun's Fault

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    One of the better gun shops around my area doesn't allow loaded guns in the store anymore...there was a time when they did. That stopped when they had a customer shoot a hole through his hand. Then the same customer shot a hole in the floor a little while later....oh btw that person was a local sheriff....the store doesn't allow carrying in there except for employees. It's a nice store...to bad though...common sense is not common
    "Guns don't shoot holes in hands (or floors), MORONS shoot holes in hands and floors!"

If you sell me guns and ammo, but will not let me carry, I will vote with my feet and carry to one of your competitors.

10. I like this one. It is more direct and will get the point across CLEARLY.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggDawg View Post
    "Guns don't shoot holes in hands (or floors), MORONS shoot holes in hands and floors!"

If you sell me guns and ammo, but will not let me carry, I will vote with my feet and carry to one of your competitors.
    What they need is a sign saying "Morons are no longer allowed to carry any weapons in this store. Others are welcome to bring whatever they want." That will settle the problem as morons will no longer be allowed to blow their hand off or shoot holes in the wall.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast