age - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: age

Quote Originally Posted by chic View Post
    chic

Do you think that a man over 75, in good health, no mental record, clean investigation with a steady hand and prefious experience with gun safety should be denied a full carry because of his age? discrimination?
    I think that's awful My dad who is 77 years old just decided last week that he wants to get his CCW. He bought a new gun and is getting the training. I hope the state of OR doesn't give him trouble too. If so, he'll probably carry anyway!

As long as you can shove a snub-nose in the ribs of your attacker and pull the trigger you should not be denied. Now don't go trying those head-shots at 75 feet. ;)
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

IMHO< This Thread is a sad commentary on our society. The segment of our that needs protection and support, we take advantage of the most. I know I am ranting to the choir, and I am afraid this is not going to be read by the People in charge, and by the people who should be ashamed of themselves..
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    IMHO< This Thread is a sad commentary on our society. The segment of our that needs protection and support, we take advantage of the most. I know I am ranting to the choir, and I am afraid this is not going to be read by the People in charge, and by the people who should be ashamed of themselves..
    Agreed. I'm no longer a young man and I can see the day coming that I might not be able to hit that X ring at 30 feet. I don't think that should matter. Most criminal encounters happen at arm's length. The gun is the original point and click interface and it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a 25-year-old to work one.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    HELL, no! I plan to carry til the day I draw my last breath. Then, I'll have cold, dead fingers from which they can pry my piece.
    That speaks for me too.
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

Stockton Springs Maine. Originally from Vinalhaven Maine
    Unless there is something in the statutes, and I doubt that there is, I don't think age has anything to do with it. It sounds to me like just another case of a anti 2nd amendment person in a position of authority, in this case to issue or deny permits, abusing their position to satisfy their own personal agenda.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12