Thread: age

chic

chic

Do you think that a man over 75, in good health, no mental record, clean investigation with a steady hand and prefious experience with gun safety should be denied a full carry because of his age? discrimination?[/QUOTE]

Your hand isn't that steady, you double posted!

Just kidding.... nope, I think you should be just fine to be issued a carry permit, but you are from New York..

Move to Vermont, problem solved!

Very, very sorry to hear about your troubles...

First sign is repeating yourself...

First sign is repeating yourself...

Naw - seriously, I'm an old cooger too - but luckily I live in Texas!!!

Nope

I remember taking a pistol course with a guy who had to be at least 70. He was an army vet (airborne) possibly WWII and was a great shot. When is too old, too old? It should be case by case, like driving!

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    It should be case by case, like driving!
    Heck - if that is the criteria, I see lots of 20 and 30 somethings that shouldn't be allowed near a vehicle!!

Quote Originally Posted by chic View Post
    chic

Do you think that a man over 75, in good health, no mental record, clean investigation with a steady hand and prefious experience with gun safety should be denied a full carry because of his age? discrimination?
    HELL, no! I plan to carry til the day I draw my last breath. Then, I'll have cold, dead fingers from which they can pry my piece.

I see you are in NY and that explains it. Sounds like an age discrimination lawsuit to me! Show them how virile you are and sue the heck out of them!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

10. I just watched a vedio about a WW2 sniper. He was 84 years and made 2 head shots into a target at 1000 yards. Shaky hands? I dont know, but it was a great shot. I am 70 and still carry. Shaky hands? Yes. Fair shot? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by chic View Post
    chic

Do you think that a man over 75, in good health, no mental record, clean investigation with a steady hand and prefious experience with gun safety should be denied a full carry because of his age? discrimination?
    Sorry I can't help but notice that you are from NY. I'm from MA so it's kinda the same here. I'm sure that they were looking for any reason not to have to give another citizen the OK to own or carry a firearm. Conspiracy Theory??

I'm 42 now and if I remain in good health with regards to eye sight, mental faculties, and ability to hold it steady and hit the target, then I will not surrender it until Jesus asks me to go with him...

Should be no reason for you not to have it. Looks like it's time for a fight... Yes I believe it's discrimination..

Peace
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast