From Maryland to Florida

Thread: From Maryland to Florida

From Maryland to Florida

Hey guys new to the site, seems like a lot of good and valuable info and I look forward to learning from you all. I do have a question oncarrying a gun from Maryland to Florida. I have a Florida non-resident permit. I travel through Maryland (obviously), Virgina, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida.I looked on the reprocitity maps and they are alittle confusing for me. The question is what state can I not carry in? If im lookin at it correctly I believe its South Carolina. Thanks in advance for your help!

In South Carolina, keep in mind that the concealed carry law is a hold over from the Jim-crow era. Don't expect that Yankees, blacks, non-christians, or other "outsiders" are going to be allowed to carry. That's just how it is in the Peoples Republic of South Carolina.

so South Carolina is the only one I cant drive in??

Lightbulb SC allows glove box/center console carry without permit

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby View Post
    so South Carolina is the only one I cant drive in??
    No. In South Carolina, anyone may legally carry a handgun in a glove box or center console without a permit. S.C. Code 16-23-20(9)(a).
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    In South Carolina, keep in mind that the concealed carry law is a hold over from the Jim-crow era. Don't expect that Yankees, blacks, non-christians, or other "outsiders" are going to be allowed to carry. That's just how it is in the Peoples Republic of South Carolina.
    Yeah. "Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act" is from way back during the Jim Crow days of 1996.

You left G50AE off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Yeah. "Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act" is from way back during the Jim Crow days of 1996.
    Signed into law by the same Governor who is most infamously known for taking one confederate flag off of the state Capitol dome (Naval Flag of Confederacy) and replaced it with another confederate flag (The SC state flag is also a confederate flag.). One of the most pointless acts in the history of the People's Republic of South Carolina.

The concealed carry law requires the applicant to indicate their race when applying, presumably there is a "wrong" answer. Also note that if you are a non-resident, you must own property in SC to be eligable for a carry permit.

8. Thanx for all the info guys, We are planning a trip to Atlanta to see my son. I think I will go with my original plan and avoid the state altogether. I have rode thru the state on the bike and got spit on from pickup trucks, beer cans thrown at me,and single finger salutes. I guess I should register the Harley in South Carolina, sooner or later they will have to deal with the fact they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabenz View Post
    Thanx for all the info guys, We are planning a trip to Atlanta to see my son. I think I will go with my original plan and avoid the state altogether. I have rode thru the state on the bike and got spit on from pickup trucks, beer cans thrown at me,and single finger salutes. I guess I should register the Harley in South Carolina, sooner or later they will have to deal with the fact they lost.
    I rode in SC for 12 years and never once had a problem. When did this happen?

Don't let these other folks chase you off. It's not like that here, at least not in my 29 years of experience!

Thanks guys, I already e-mail sheriff offices in Va, Sc, Nc and georgia. My beautiful state is the only one that will not let me carry on me. I can live with South Carolina at least I dont have to pull over and unload my magazines. Thanks all