What if your state repealed concealed carry?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if your state repealed concealed carry?

What if your state repealed concealed carry?

Fortunately most states in the Union have decided to implement some form of legal concealed carry or open carry and more seem to be coming on board every day. But what if your state suddenly did a 180 and decided to be like IL and allow no carry of any kind? As a CHL/CCW holder what would you do? Would you abruptly stop carrying everywhere and comply with the new law?

That got me to thinking: If you wanted to take over a country with a lot of people in it with guns, what would be the best way to identify the most rabbid gun owners? You know, the ones most likely to show armed resistance to a hostile government? First you'd like to know who "they" are but gun registration lists haven't been kept. So a first step might be to make the laws a bit more lax and allow these folks to identify themselves by signing up for the permits... Just my conspiratorial mind (with a Communist in the White House can you blame me?)

Sorry, this ended up being sort of two different threads.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Guess that would make me a criminal.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I'd move... Would not hesatate..
    Semper Fi

5. Well, I had to sign up to even get a permit to buy. let alone carry (which all fall under getting the permt it) so they got my name and any guns I bought. Too bad I lost them all in the boating accident.

A

Interesting prospect, those that give can also take away. Way too many of us on the roles to simply just confiscate our property. A few may fall initially, but once the words out a resistance not seen since the American Revolution will be unleashed!

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Fortunately most states in the Union have decided to implement some form of legal concealed carry or open carry and more seem to be coming on board every day. But what if your state suddenly did a 180 and decided to be like IL and allow no carry of any kind? As a CHL/CCW holder what would you do? Would you abruptly stop carrying everywhere and comply with the new law?

That got me to thinking: If you wanted to take over a country with a lot of people in it with guns, what would be the best way to identify the most rabbid gun owners? You know, the ones most likely to show armed resistance to a hostile government? First you'd like to know who "they" are but gun registration lists haven't been kept. So a first step might be to make the laws a bit more lax and allow these folks to identify themselves by signing up for the permits... Just my conspiratorial mind (with a Communist in the White House can you blame me?)

Sorry, this ended up being sort of two different threads.
    I have friends who will not get carry permits for just this reason, they tell me: "When they come for the guns, they're coming to your house first".

On the 1st topic: Rescinding my "right" to carry (carry permits are un-Constitutional, let's be clear on that) does not negate my God-given right to self-defense or protection of my family. Nuff said...

8. First of all, if you don't think records are being kept, you are mistaken. Do you sign when you go to the range? List guns on any of your insurance policies? Ever take a training class? Had a background check? Bought a gun? Do you really think that all of those records have been tossed?

Second, Guns? What guns? I don't have guns anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I have friends who will not get carry permits for just this reason, they tell me: "When they come for the guns, they're coming to your house first".

On the 1st topic: Rescinding my "right" to carry (carry permits are un-Constitutional, let's be clear on that) does not negate my God-given right to self-defense or protection of my family. Nuff said...
    And when they come to our houses first, to get our guns, lets give them the bullets FIRST! Nuff said...
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

10. Quote Originally Posted by thebrez1 View Post
    First of all, if you don't think records are being kept, you are mistaken. Do you sign when you go to the range? List guns on any of your insurance policies? Ever take a training class? Had a background check? Bought a gun? Do you really think that all of those records have been tossed?

Second, Guns? What guns? I don't have guns anymore!
    This is an excellent point. If a person has signed in at a firing range, purchased a legal firearm, or entered a certain type of post on a web-site such as this, there is a record. A permit is just another form of documentation. However as most members know, depending on the laws of your state (or not), you have a right to sell your firearms at any point in time. Just keep an invoice. There is no assurance that the purhaser provided you with correct identification and you didn't have the means to run a background check. I couldn't imagine anyone attempting to confuse legal authorities like this, but I bet there are some folks who would give it a whirl.

Arrow Carry permit=registration? Not so.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post

Only California, Nevada, and New York, list the permit holder's guns (or more specifically, the guns the permit holder is authorized to carry with the permit) on carry permits. In all other states, permit holders can generally carry any one or more handguns with the permit. While a carry permit would be a very strong indication the permit holder has one or more guns, it provides no indication of whether the person has 1 or 100.

In several states, a permit holder is exempt from federal firearm purchase background checks, which provides a greater level of personal privacy regarding individual guns.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast