9 MM vrs 45 - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 MM vrs 45

[QUOTE=OUTTAHERE;120453]If you want something that is fun and less expensive to shoot, go with the 9mm. If you want stopping power, go with the
    .45. You might have to shoot it a little more to get proficient with it, but once you get used to the report and the recoil
    you'll find that you can get back on target just about as quickly as with a 9mm. I assume that the reason that you're going to
    carry a weapon is in the event that you do have to shoot someone that you want to stop that person's aggression and
    neutralize them as quickly and efficiently as possible. For my 2 cents worth --- .45 hands down. It's worth the extra money
    for ammo and training to have the peace of mind it brings.[/QUOTE

Sir Isaac Newton would disagree. Read up on the third law of motion. Better yet 15 rounds 20 seconds timed on target, 21 feet. See who puts more in the X ring. Wait, your 1911 only holds 8. Ok, bring a .45 glock. The 9mm will win hands down. It is all about rounds on target.

I would suggest before you call a peron a liar you know what and who you are talking about. The facts, I have worked personal security where the first happen the second happen during a break-in in my home. I am not proud of these events, killing is a no win situation for everyone. I posted here for one reason and one only, a question was asked I gave my answer and the why for that answer. If you have an issue with the truth that is fine but do not call someone a liar WHEN YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FACTS.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    This is the third time in three days I have seen individuals on this website claim to have used deadly force on other human beings. This particular person claims to have shot two people. IMO these claims of heroics are simply not true, and are made up for entertainment value. I for one consider taking a human life a very serious matter. I am not impressed by these braggarts claims of bravado. I find their conduct to be most despicable.
    you can tell the difference between someone bragging and someone speaking the truth. turth is the personal protection buisness is no joke. sometimes you have to take a life to protect a life. im thankful i never have had to take a life, but if the time came to " its him or me" i know it wont be me. i made that decision before i chose to carry let alone work in this buisness. next time dont call someone a liar, its their info on the matter and their life. not yours. you are entitled to your opinoin and i respect that, but please respect other peoples as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aj's 40 cal View Post
    you can tell the difference between someone bragging and someone speaking the truth. turth is the personal protection buisness is no joke. sometimes you have to take a life to protect a life. im thankful i never have had to take a life, but if the time came to " its him or me" i know it wont be me. i made that decision before i chose to carry let alone work in this buisness. next time dont call someone a liar, its their info on the matter and their life. not yours. you are entitled to your opinoin and i respect that, but please respect other peoples as well.
    Your right, I am entitled to my opinion, and i am sicking to it. Most peace officers only fire their duty weapons at the range for their entire 20 year careers. I come in here, and three regular guys in three days have dropped the hammer on someone. One person twice. Most people who have done the unthinkable, don't come to a website and tell others about their tragedies in a subject called caliber effectiveness. I am sticking to my position. Don't like it? Tough.

Cop? No. Military? yes, under arms a few times. Personal protection? no. Armed security supervisor in Oakland CA. 3rd shift. Armored truck driver and messenger. Have I pointed a weapon at someone? Yes. Have I been nervous? Yes, very. Internet commando? on occasion yes. Now what is your story fella?

Personal protection 6 years. Corrections SRT 2 years. Armed Courier 4 years. Minister 10 years. Firearms instructor 2 years. Years did not carry or shoot 11 year reason, guilt, restarted to carry 2.5 years, reason friend killed for $30.00 in front of his wife and kids. Thats my story. Again, know your facts before you state something about an other person.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    .45. Hands down. Followed closely by the .357...Sig -or- Magnum. One Man's opinion.
    AMEN Brother!!

.45 or .357Mag...

The felt recoil is a factor of ejected weight. Yes the .45 will recoil a bit more with the heavier round, but with some practice it will begin to feel natural. It's a matter of personal choice. Since you asked for opinions in a public forum you will get many. Yes the .45 ammo is harder to find and you will pay more for it. So analyze all the factors before making the decision and good luck.

I like the .45 and I also like the .357 both for different reasons. The .357 is a revolver and I like revolver shooting as it kinda slows you down and makes breath and trigger control very important to remember.

To each his/her own

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Safety Harbor, Florida since 2006 Waterloo, New York before 2006.
    I have three Kimbers all are 45 acp. I call these my big boy toy's. I also have a 9mm Glock26 I got for my wife.Personally I feel more comfortable carrying one of the 45's plus a Sig P238 bug.

Talking OK Fellas!!!

I've read all three pages of posts mentioning 9mm, .40, .45, & .357. But I just spoke with my firearm(mr. Kimber) and he said that his 10mm rules!!! Talking about stopping power, I load my Kimber with 180 gr. Buffalo Bore ammo (1,350fps/782 ft. lbs.) Wow!!!

Do you guys remember the 1911 conversion kit turning the .45acp into the powerful .45 SUPER!!!
    Ace Custom 45s, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Cop? No. Military? yes, under arms a few times. Personal protection? no. Armed security supervisor in Oakland CA. 3rd shift. Armored truck driver and messenger. Have I pointed a weapon at someone? Yes. Have I been nervous? Yes, very. Internet commando? on occasion yes. Now what is your story fella?

my story? lets see, family is all cops, some of my close friends are cops, some swat, lots of military friends and a few in the family. i personaly have worked security since i was 18.im 27 now adn still doing it. armed security since 21, been through mulitple firearms classes, and work part time at my local gun range. call me young or whatever, but i do ride alongs and have seen more than most would want to. noone wins a gun fight.

my whole point is dont call someone out for there life story when u dont know them. we can sit here all day and bs all we want. point is were adults not high schoolers who need to one up eachother. i mean do u really care about whos shot someone and who has not and if and why they want to post is? who cares. get over it and lets just agree to dsagree.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast