CCP Application

Thread: CCP Application

1. CCP Application

I am in the process of applying for a CCP in the State of Delaware. I was told that it is important to answer the question "why you want to carry a concealed weapon" filled out correctly or you will be denied. You cannot simply say, for personal protection. Does anyone have any proper verbage for this?

3. Quote Originally Posted by hbunting View Post
    I am in the process of applying for a CCP in the State of Delaware. I was told that it is important to answer the question "why you want to carry a concealed weapon" filled out correctly or you will be denied. You cannot simply say, for personal protection. Does anyone have any proper verbage for this?
    I don't remember being asked that question when applying for my Texas ccl. I'd just say for personal protection.

Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by hbunting View Post
    Delaware is a somewhat restrictive "may issue" state. However, unlike MD or NJ, it is possible for ordinary people to get permits in DE. I would recommend going here for some more info.

BTW, it would help here and in many other threads if everyone would update their profiles to include their locations.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

5. Quote Originally Posted by hbunting View Post
    I would just say,I just want to exercise my rights to carry .Best of luck.