Is there a way to find out. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to find out.

I should ask, are you trying to find out how many concealed carry permits are issued, or how many concealed carry permit holders there are? I know that alot of concealed carry permit holders, especially on this site, hold more than one carry permit.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    Is there a way to find out how many concealed carry permits were active in the US in 2009?

Can this be broken down by state?

Thanks.
    The latest info I could get for Texas was effective December 27, 2005 - Licenses currently active 247,345.
    Sam Ragsdale
    AGCM(AW/SW) USN-Ret

NRA Life Member

This article indicates that there are 5 million permit holders nation-wide.

Brady Campaign Continues Slide Into Irrelevancy
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkgunner View Post
    Why not ask the news paper that listed CC names and addresses. I don't remember which it was. It was in a thread either here or on The HighRoad.org.
    CC holders are public record, although I don't think it should be. Need to do some leg work to find out.

I'm currious to know why you want to know. Are you an anti that wants to show the public how many "will cling to their guns" "nuts" are out there?

I am clinging to my guns, and I have nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkgunner View Post
    I'm currious to know why you want to know. Are you an anti that wants to show the public how many "will cling to their guns" "nuts" are out there?
    Just want to know, that's all. I live in California and would like to know where it rates compared to rest of the US. California ranges from SHALL NOT ISSUE (unless you are rich and/or famous) to SHALL ISSUE (well, darn near) and I think it's sad that we have allowed this to happen. Perhaps if more folks knew the stats we could change things.

I think most States, Counties have some of that Information on thier Websites. I do'nt know if you will ever get an excat amount but, As others have stated it would be Interesting to know. Good Luck finding out if you ever get the total post it up for us to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    Thanks Red Hat. I guess you would have to search under each state at their Dept of Justice or something like that.
    You might want to check the website for your jurisdictions certifying authority. Virginia State Police are the issuing autority for CCW. Found this link on their website:

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/downloads...ts-Figures.pdf

Some stats listed on page 13 for the state of Virginia
    US Navy, TM2/SS, 1991 to 1996

Exclamation So, I did some footwork/ Not going to happen

If you are interested in finding the National number of Concealed Weapons Holders, you are out of luck. Starting with Oregon and some other states. There are now state laws in affect to protect the privacy of Concealed Weapons Holders. In all these particular States, only Law Enforcement shall have access to the records. More States are interested in doing the same. Concealed Weapons= Concealed Weapons. Sorry everyone. [
    Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power.

Quote Originally Posted by P220 View Post
    If you are interested in finding the National number of Concealed Weapons Holders, you are out of luck. Starting with Oregon and some other states. There are now state laws in affect to protect the privacy of Concealed Weapons Holders. In all these particular States, only Law Enforcement shall have access to the records. More States are interested in doing the same. Concealed Weapons= Concealed Weapons. Sorry everyone. [
    I think he was talking about raw numbers - not your address.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

They should of asked that question on the census.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast