Is there a way to find out.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to find out.

Is there a way to find out.

Is there a way to find out how many concealed carry permits were active in the US in 2009?

Can this be broken down by state?

Thanks.

Can this be a case of, "Stump the Stars?" Seems strage not to gat an answer here.

No one has put out a number. I think that they are afraid to show how many do have them! It might show that the majority believes and supports the 2A. Something that the left doesn't want people to see. If someone had the time they could Google each state and compile a realistic number.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    No one has put out a number. I think that they are afraid to show how many do have them! It might show that the majority believes and supports the 2A. Something that the left doesn't want people to see. If someone had the time they could Google each state and compile a realistic number.
    Thanks Red Hat. I guess you would have to search under each state at their Dept of Justice or something like that.

A recent newspaper article gave the number here in NY as 18,500 ccw permits in the state. I would guess that is a low figure, but when did research or facts matter to newspapers?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    Is there a way to find out how many concealed carry permits were active in the US in 2009?

Can this be broken down by state?

Thanks.
    Funny that you should ask that today. This AM I was looking at the S.C. site and it said that permits requests in 2009 were double that of 2008. By he end of this month, we will surpass the numbers for all of 2009.

I know we're crazy down here in S.C., but I don't think we're that much different on this issue than a lot of other states. However, I don't know of any place that lists the stats for the entire country. But I would think maybe the FBI site may have something. Heck, they know everything about you. LOL!

man, i was really hoping to see an answer in here...was wondering the exact same thing a couple days ago. Would really like to know how many CCWs have been issued in Nebraska
    Never had to use my gun, never want to use my gun, will not hesitate to use my gun.

Here's an article from the "State", a Newspaper published in Columbia,SC"

"
    So far in 2009, the number of South Carolinians wanting to carry concealed nearly has doubled over the previous year as people worry about violent crime and feel threatened by partisan politics. As of mid-October, 28,197 new Right-to-Carry permits have been issued this year by South Carolina's State Law Enforcement Division. It's an annual record that already has surpassed the 14,630 new permits issued in all of 2008 and by far outstrips all previous years, according to SLED statistics. "

I don't know how we finished the year 2009, but I'm sure the pace kept up. This is based upon info from a SC CCW instructor. He said his classes were running all week and every weekend. So, I don't think it's slowed down any.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeler8 View Post
    man, i was really hoping to see an answer in here...was wondering the exact same thing a couple days ago. Would really like to know how many CCWs have been issued in Nebraska
    Mine was #266 for this yr

Why not ask the news paper that listed CC names and addresses. I don't remember which it was. It was in a thread either here or on The HighRoad.org.
    CC holders are public record, although I don't think it should be. Need to do some leg work to find out.

I'm currious to know why you want to know. Are you an anti that wants to show the public how many "will cling to their guns" "nuts" are out there?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast