Looking for opinions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for opinions

Looking for opinions

To start with let me introduce myself. My name is Joseph Barnwell and I live in alabama. I am 23 years old and am a active user of the second amendmant. I have been carrying concealer since I was 21. Just recently changed weapons and am looking for advice on if anyone has one of these or has heard of them. Any advice as to carry reviews ect will be greatly appreciated. The weapon I just bought is a SCCY CPX-1 9mm semi auto. I have had nothing but glocks since day one but times got hard and had to settle for a less expensive weapon. Prior to this I had a glock 20 c 10mm auto and prior to that i had a clock 22 and a glock 17. loved all of them full size was hard to conceal but other than that they were fine. I sold my 20c about 2 weeks ago due to ammo prices i just couldnt afford to shoot it anymore. i have fired approximatly 100 rnds thru this 9mm and it seems ok so far. the only problem i have found is about every 3rd or fourth shot i trip the safety. my girlfreind doesnt have this problem but she has small hands and i have large hands. i think thats the reason i trip it. any coments suggestions on holsters carry style reviews problems with the gun or pros about the gun. will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    joseph barnwell

"speak softly and tote a big stick" cant remeber who said this but it is a great saying

Quote Originally Posted by jbarnwell22 View Post
    To start with let me introduce myself. My name is Joseph Barnwell and I live in alabama. I am 23 years old and am a active user of the second amendmant. I have been carrying concealer since I was 21. Just recently changed weapons and am looking for advice on if anyone has one of these or has heard of them. Any advice as to carry reviews ect will be greatly appreciated. The weapon I just bought is a SCCY CPX-1 9mm semi auto. I have had nothing but glocks since day one but times got hard and had to settle for a less expensive weapon. Prior to this I had a glock 20 c 10mm auto and prior to that i had a clock 22 and a glock 17. loved all of them full size was hard to conceal but other than that they were fine. I sold my 20c about 2 weeks ago due to ammo prices i just couldnt afford to shoot it anymore. i have fired approximatly 100 rnds thru this 9mm and it seems ok so far. the only problem i have found is about every 3rd or fourth shot i trip the safety. my girlfreind doesnt have this problem but she has small hands and i have large hands. i think thats the reason i trip it. any coments suggestions on holsters carry style reviews problems with the gun or pros about the gun. will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    joseph barnwell

"speak softly and tote a big stick" cant remeber who said this but it is a great saying
    Problems with the safety on that particular firearm are common. It may be your grip, the gun, or combination of both. Since you are familiar with the Glock line of pistols, I would recommend finding a good deal on a pre-owned Glock 19 or Glock 23. If you want something a little smaller, look for a Glock 26 or Glock 27. I'm not sure what the gun market looks like in your area, but I've been able to find deals via the internet for pre-owned Glock pistols starting at around $200. You may want to check out the local pawn shops as well, if they sell guns in your area. Last time I was in NV, I picked up a G 26 for $250. The pistol was shipped to a local FFL here in PRHI (shipping was included in the sale), transfer fee paid to the local FFL was $20. Total cost to me was $270.

I'm not sure what your SCCY cost you, but I would imagine that it came out to around the same price. The G 26 also came with 5 magazines that had the finger extensions on 3 of them.

If you wish to stick with your SCCY, I'd strongly recommend having the pistol checked out by a competent gunsmith. I've seen instances where there were minor defects in the safety, which caused it to engage when rapid firing or doing quick mag changes.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

thanks thats the problem i had is when i rapid fire like i said i have a large hand and i think its partially my grip not being used to shooting a compact pistol. ill check on the used glocks here from what im seeing is around 400 plus but ill have to look harder. i sold the used 20c with night sights and 3 15 rnd mags and 1 10 rnd mag for 400 to a local gun shop could have gotten prolly 50 to a individual. so used glocks hold there value here.

Look for police trade-ins. They usually cost less, work just as well, and come with three hi-cap mags.

BTW: "Walk softly and carry a big stick" was T. Roosevelt, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    BTW: "Walk softly and carry a big stick" was T. Roosevelt, I believe.
    It was. Although a sword cane gives one more options.

thanks guys for the info ill check on the police trade in thats where i bought the 20c from a formal tac officer

And you can check out Sword Canes : Walking Canes, Katanas (Cold Steel Swords) for information on the swordcane idea.

update

shot the sccy cpx 1 again today readjusted my grip still trip the safety every once in a while i think it is because of my grip. thanks for the advice

now another question. my girlfriend is a begginer shooter and i am looking for her a carry gun. whe is deathly sared of recoil and she dos not like revovlers any suggestions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast