Ruger LCR Anyone own? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR Anyone own?

i fired a few rounds though one of these. I am impressed.

3. I rented an LCR and examined it before firing it. There was no indication of flame cutting. I looked at the LCR because I can no longer get a good sight picture with my J frames. The sights are very good on the LCR and with the excellent trigger pull I got 35 consecutive head shots at 7 yards. I bought a new one a few weeks ago. I did notice that with the standard grips it is not quite as fast to draw from a front pocket as a J frame, so I'm looking for pants with larger pockets. I ordered a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar holster yesterday and should get it in about 4 weeks. I'll post a review on both the revolver and holster in about 6 weeks.

4. I have one. I love it. First snub .38 that I've liked. Great trigger, very effective grip/design for reducing felt recoil.
    I've no problems with mine. With Ruger backing them and replacing returned guns, that shows they believe in their product. I personally would buy another one, and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a .38 snub for carry.

I took my wife to be to a gun show Sunday. We were looking for a J frame for her to shoot, something with an easier trigger pull than my revolvers. She pulled the trigger on a Ruger LCR. She loved it...so easy and the revolver was light weight. Then she pulled the trigger on a S&W 642. She was sold on the Ruger LCR. I bought it for her on the spot. She is so excited, she practices with dry firing all the time. She really likes having the Crimson Trace Laser Grips, as it helps her to get on target and she can watch her movements as she practices.

6. The flame cutting in the video didn't look like nearly enough to in any way compromise the strength of the frame.

This reminds of of the Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Maximum, back in the heyday of Handgun Metallic Silhouette shooting. They experiences flame cutting, so they stopped production and pulled what guns they could. I never understood why they didn't just put a hard insert into the frame. I recall Dan Wesson furnished their .357 Maximum revolver with two barrels.

This is an interesting thread. I've been thinking more and more about tiny secondary guns for me and my Beloved. The LCR is on the list, as is the LCP.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

I just purchased the LCR .357. If you look very closely it has some kind of insert in the frame right above the forcing cone.

Do the .38's have this insert.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidr1 View Post
    I just purchased the LCR .357. If you look very closely it has some kind of insert in the frame right above the forcing cone.

Do the .38's have this insert.
    I just checked mine that I bought a few months ago and there is no insert. I also have no indication of flamecutting on my LCR, but it has only seen about 200-300 rounds so far.

well, this makes me glad i purchased the .357. Added durability.

10. I'm looking to get the 357 version for added recoil protection. I haven't seen one the CT yet though. I think I would want that for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by gilfo View Post
    I'm looking to get the 357 version for added recoil protection. I haven't seen one the CT yet though. I think I would want that for the wife.
    Well ill go ahead and warn you, 17 ounces gives NO recoil protection against .357 magnums. I shot some this weekend and it flat out HURTS. And thats with the houge tamer grip too. .38 specials dont kick much at all though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast