Ruger LCR Anyone own?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR Anyone own?

Ruger LCR Anyone own?

I ran a search and found a lot of talk about this firearm but was unable to fund anyone who has it and has reviewed on the forums. Reason Why i ask is I'm looking at it as a BUG in a ankle rig but would like feed back on the firearm. I watched a video of the firearm ( on youtube) and it had a problem with flame cutting the weapon YouTube - Buyers Beware : Ruger LCR

Would this be a good weapon? Is this "flame cutting such as in the movie" a huge problem or was this just something this yahoo did to the gun by shooting the wrong ammo?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Although I haven't fired one yet I really like the LCR. They have one of the best trigger pulls out there for a factory wheelgun! They are light weight and are a +P revolver. They will make a great BUG and/or a great primary carry firearm. I'm working on getting one right now. A friend is trying to make a trade for a new LCR and if he does I can get it for $500. It's the one with the Crimson Trace grip and it's new in the box.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Although I haven't fired one yet I really like the LCR. They have one of the best trigger pulls out there for a factory wheelgun! They are light weight and are a +P revolver. They will make a great BUG and/or a great primary carry firearm. I'm working on getting one right now. A friend is trying to make a trade for a new LCR and if he does I can get it for $500. It's the one with the Crimson Trace grip and it's new in the box.
    That's not bad last time I checked budsgunshop.com was selling the LCR with laser grips for 580 or something so that's not bad. They are selling the No laser model for like 390 or something. But a local shop has one for 280 so I may pick it up. I have to make up my mind what will come first the Bug the new shotgun or the Ak47. Really liking the LCR so I may have to pick it up LOL but I just picked up the M&P 9 compact tonight so I may have to wait. Wanting to put Crimson Trace grips on it first I will keep you posted.

I am looking in to getting an LCR with lasergrips next month.

I plan to retire my DS2 from defense to fun shooting only when I get the LCR.

I will tell you what I think next month.

-Doc

I tried out the trigger pull on a Ruger LCR at the NRA convention last year in Phoenix. The trigger pull was more linear and free of binding than any double action revolver I've ever had or tried. However...flame cutting of the top strap IS a serious issue. S&W had a real problem with this in their entire line of scandium/aluminum framed revolvers. They solved this by changing the design to incorporate a replaceable steel insert in the flash gap to protect the top strap. This guy didn't say what he was using for ammo but if this resulted using any factory ammo...I'm not buying an LCR until it has more time in the field and we see how this shakes out. By the way: I have a Taurus 605SH2 which is a 16-ounce titanium .357 mag and I'm not seeing any sign of flame cutting with factory .357 ammo. However, I'll have to say that the LCR has a better double action pull than my Taurus. It's just unfortunate about the flame cutting.
    MOLON LABE

I had a conversation with Mark Gurney, The Product Manager for Ruger.

They are aware of this video.

Out of 60,000 LCR revolvers made, they have had four returned with this problem.

Despite a large trial of different guns, gaps, ammo, and powders, they have not been able to duplicate it. The current theory is that the individual guns involved had some unknown metallurgical flaw.

All revolvers returned were replaced. The worst case of the returned revolvers was further tested by firing ten thousand rounds thru it. There was no further erosion of the backstrap.

There is NO safety issue that they can detect. Any revolvers returned will be replaced.

-Doc

My deal didn't go through. He couldn't work out the trade. Oh well, I really didn't need another firearm!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Just real quick...Got one (Ruger LCR) for my wife in January. She loves it. I would be happy to carry this. Just got the Crimson laser grips for it. Haven't put it on yet, but the Crimson laser guard on my Ruger LCP works great. btw the LCP is a very accurate little gun.
    The LCR shoots very well but will need more time with it before I can say if it is as accurate or more accurate then the LCP.
    Anyone thinking about getting the LCR I would say definitely go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    I had a conversation with Mark Gurney, The Product Manager for Ruger.

They are aware of this video.

Out of 60,000 LCR revolvers made, they have had four returned with this problem.

Despite a large trial of different guns, gaps, ammo, and powders, they have not been able to duplicate it. The current theory is that the individual guns involved had some unknown metallurgical flaw.

All revolvers returned were replaced. The worst case of the returned revolvers was further tested by firing ten thousand rounds thru it. There was no further erosion of the backstrap.

There is NO safety issue that they can detect. Any revolvers returned will be replaced.

-Doc
    Not really a problem even if it does have a problem and needs to be returned the factory is only a five miles down the road. Just drive up to the main gate and drop it off LOL. It helps that I use to work Security for Ruger's Newport NH plant. I may just pick one up what do I have to lose.

11. I have about 1000 rounds through mine after almost a year and have had no problems. This is a great revolver.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast