Travelling to Florida - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travelling to Florida

1. Thanks for the advice...good info. I plan on locking it up as i enter SC so i guess i'll keep it stowed and put it in a locking case inside a suicase until i get in the room. I'll double check that this couldn't be considered as concealed carry and i'll reference the federal firearm transportation laws to make sure...having to have the family bail me out of jail would put a real damper on the vacation....LOL.

Thanks
    JG

Earlier post was correct, keep your loaded gun in your glove box (not lock) or console (not locked) while in SC. Put your vehicle Reg/Insur. paperwork in a place other then were you have you piece. Only other place per SC Law is your trunk. If you decide to stay overnight in SC, remove from glove/console place in carry bag and go to your room. As also stated before, DO NOT leave in your car. Way too many break ins at the parking lots. Have a safe and blessed trip.

Quote Originally Posted by JG4660 View Post
    Thanks for the advice...good info. I plan on locking it up as i enter SC so i guess i'll keep it stowed and put it in a locking case inside a suicase until i get in the room. I'll double check that this couldn't be considered as concealed carry and i'll reference the federal firearm transportation laws to make sure...having to have the family bail me out of jail would put a real damper on the vacation....LOL.

Thanks
    JG
    I believe mappow and others are spot on since you do not need a permit to possess a handgun in South Carolina. Also, this is from the gov. website.

SECTION 23-31-230. Carrying concealed weapons between automobile and accommodation.

Notwithstanding any provision of law, any person may carry a concealable weapon from an automobile or other motorized conveyance to a room or other accommodation he has rented and upon which an accommodations tax has been paid.
    South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

Sounds like you will be OK!

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    SC is kinda funny when it comes to CCW reciprocity. I reside in AL and have an AL pistol permit. My permit reciprocates to all of the southeastern US except for SC. It goes the other way too... an SC permit does not reciprocate to GA, AL or MS. I don't know what it is between those three states and SC.. Anyway, no worries in SC with a MO permit.
    That's why I have a NH Non-resident permit. It give me GA, AL and MS. I need it because my Daughter and her family lives in MS. Even though NH raised their NR permit to $100 I sent my renewal to them a couple days ago.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I am NOT a SC expert, so listen to the others, but MANY states require the Magazine to be empty/removed and the Bullets stored separately from the gun (not in the same case).. Do your research..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

7. I think I'm all set...Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12