Concealed carry clothing misconceptions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concealed carry clothing misconceptions

Q. What do people typically put in fanny packs?
    A. Valuables, car and house keys, wallets(with ID'Si.e. your name, address, pictures of the people who live there) guns.

Q. If you were a street thug, what is the first thing you would take from your victims?
    A. Their bag of valuables. i.e. fanny pack.

Q. If a crook has the drop on you, and you have a gun in your fanny pack, are you going to give up your fanny pack, with a gun and your address, and your house keys in it?
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

I have not been on 2 wheels since I said goodbye to my last bicycle ... so I have no idea what bikers are or are not wearing these days. It would seem that logically fanny packs and vests would make sense for practical reasons.

Personally I am a vest guy. It allows me to carry stuff and it's good for CCW, too. Fanny packs are not my cup of tea ... I don't think they scream CCW I think the scream TOURIST. But hey, no offense, they just aren't for me.

4. The problem with concealment is there are so many ways to do it. I have several just depends on what I am wearing, temperature and such. I wear a Smart Carry with short no belt, Crossbreed IWB, and a Blackhawk serpa II OWB. I have so many holsters I tried before I settled on what I liked. I am comfortable with all these now. Hate I spent all the $ to find out my favorites. I may be paranoid but I have the double mag holder for each gun I carry on the weak side. I am not as picky with the mag holders most of them are Fobus.

Quote Originally Posted by sargedog View Post
    The problem with concealment is there are so many ways to do it. I have several just depends on what I am wearing, temperature and such. I wear a Smart Carry with short no belt, Crossbreed IWB, and a Blackhawk serpa II OWB. I have so many holsters I tried before I settled on what I liked. I am comfortable with all these now. Hate I spent all the $ to find out my favorites. I may be paranoid but I have the double mag holder for each gun I carry on the weak side. I am not as picky with the mag holders most of them are Fobus.
    That's not paranoid- that's intelligence. Big difference. Most BG travel in groups, where one is the pack leader and the rest are followers. Often the followers are more dangerous than the pack leader because they want to 'prove' something to their leader. This is especially true with gangs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123