States with Shall Issue permits. How long did you wait? - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: States with Shall Issue permits. How long did you wait?

Here in Wyoming it took 64 days. Sounds like the State AG office has been swamped with apps.

i have a suffolk county new york target permit I have to carry to and from any range concealed Iwant to apply for a florida non resident ccw permit Can someone tell me if just sending in a copy of my current new york permit will be good enough for acceptable training documentation I received the application and it does say that if you have been licensed to carry afirearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state So i am not sure if a new york permit is ok as training documentation

Quote Originally Posted by vince g View Post
    i have a suffolk county new york target permit I have to carry to and from any range concealed Iwant to apply for a florida non resident ccw permit Can someone tell me if just sending in a copy of my current new york permit will be good enough for acceptable training documentation I received the application and it does say that if you have been licensed to carry afirearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state So i am not sure if a new york permit is ok as training documentation
    The State being referenced there is FL. Did you do any training in order to receive your NY permit? How about a Hunter Safety?

No i did not have to do any training And as far as hunter safety I had to do a hunter safety course when i was a kid to get my first hunting license i think i was 14 So any proof of that is long gone Mayby i should give pa a shot i read were they want a copy of your home state permit and your good to go

Quote Originally Posted by vince g View Post
    No i did not have to do any training And as far as hunter safety I had to do a hunter safety course when i was a kid to get my first hunting license i think i was 14 So any proof of that is long gone Mayby i should give pa a shot i read were they want a copy of your home state permit and your good to go

Apply to PA at Centre County...directions on the page..you should have the license within 2 weeks. Point to keep in mind...the PA license will NOT help you in FL if that's what you were thinking...FL only accepts non-resident licenses.

RE: Hunter Safety....when did you take the course?

If you lose your hunter education certificate and have taken the course since 1980, call your nearest DEC Regional Office or call 1-888-HUNT-ED2 and ask that you be looked up on our database of Sportsman Ed graduates. DEC's Sportsman Education Program might be able to verify that you have successfully completed a course from this database (supply your name, date of birth, type of course and when and where you took the course. People who took the course before 1980 must be able to identify the instructor who taught the course, so DEC can try to locate the instructor.

7. I live in WV and got mine back in 1 week

8. There isn't any set time for a CPL to be approved or denied, really. If someone's NICS and III come back clear and whatever other local checks are made, a person can have their CPL in a matter of days.

Other times, 'issues' are revealed that need further investigation. For instance, an arrest from many years previous from a different state that needs follow up to ensure it doesn't fall under one of the prohibitive crimes that would disqualify a CPL from being issued.

That sort of thing takes time for communication between agencies and courts to determine the disposition of an arrest in the past.

btw, I work for the Police Department of one of the largest cities in WA state and am the one that performs the backgrounds and issues CPLs for my department.

Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    I was just wondering how long it actually took for you to get your permit in the mail in some of the "Shall Issue" states.
    Minnesota takes "UP TO" 30 days, Utah takes "UP TO" 60 days, and Florida is "UP TO" 90 days. lets see who got theirs back the fastest.

Me, I'm sitting on 2 weeks without my Utah permit yet, and still haven't applied for Florida yet, and may not really need it.
    Florida here, it took mine 3 weeks to arrive.
    Glock 19
    Glock 23

10. I live in Ca and mailed my Fl application on 6/21/2010 and recieved my license on 7/06/2010, I think that has to be a record!

I'm in Nevada my Utah non - res took 45 days

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast