States with Shall Issue permits. How long did you wait? - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: States with Shall Issue permits. How long did you wait?

It's been a while now but I think it took around 10-weeks or so.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Safety Harbor, Florida since 2006 Waterloo, New York before 2006.
    I had to do my prints a second time. It was exactly 5 months and one day from the date of my first mailing.:angry:

Quote Originally Posted by Bangba View Post
    Wouldn' it be nice to be able to get a National licence the same way!!!!
    WE already have one!It's called the U.S. Constitution!

Seriously, would you want the U.S. GOV'T controlling whether or not you could get a gun or carry it? You would freely give up a Constitutionally provided right to the U.S. GOV'T? Do you have no desire for freedom at all? Do you bnot cherish the freedoms we have and the men and women who fought for us to have it?

Permit Issue time

I have had a class a no restrictions in MA for too many years to say how long it took, but this spring I went on a non-resident application spree and can report the following:

NH Non resident Mailed 02/17/10, received 02/23/10----> 6 Days!!!
    FL Non Resident Mailed 02/18/10, received 03/15/10----> 25 Days
    CT Non Resident Mailed 02/18/10, received 03/29/10----> 39 Days
    ME Non Resident Mailed 02/16/10, Yet to be Received-----> We'll see, hopefully this week.

It's been 10 weeks for me for non-resident Utah. I called them today and it was issued 3 days ago and is in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    WE already have one!It's called the U.S. Constitution!

Seriously, would you want the U.S. GOV'T controlling whether or not you could get a gun or carry it? You would freely give up a Constitutionally provided right to the U.S. GOV'T? Do you have no desire for freedom at all? Do you bnot cherish the freedoms we have and the men and women who fought for us to have it?

Alright Gov5. you completly missed my point. Simply stated. It would be nice to be able to carry concealed across state lines, across the country with a CCL issued by your state. not having to have 6 non-resident licences to do so. I hope thats a little clearer for ya. No where did I mention the Gov't controling anything or giving up any of my constitutional rights. wouldn't it have been better to ask what I ment instead of........Well I guess you just missunderstood.

]I live in MS and the wait time is,from what I hear 4 months. Does anyone know of a state that would allow me to apply for an non-resident permit that would cover MS,AL,Ga and Florida and be able to get it back in a more timely manner? Any help would be appreciated.

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    In some counties in PA you can walk out with it in 20 minutes. If you as a non-resident applied to Centre County sheriff thru the mail round trip would take about 2 weeks.

I got my non-res CT thru the mail, round trip 40 days. I mailed my non-res app to UT on Feb 1...still waiting for it.
    30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac357 View Post
    ]I live in MS and the wait time is,from what I hear 4 months. Does anyone know of a state that would allow me to apply for an non-resident permit that would cover MS,AL,Ga and Florida and be able to get it back in a more timely manner? Any help would be appreciated.

Mac
    I'm pretty sure FL is down a considerable amount of time from what they were last year. FL is a pretty good permit to have in general anyway. Fairly easy as far as requirements go. $117 per renewal, but it's valid for 7 years. Not too shabby. Plus since FL only honors resident permits (or their own), that would be your only option besides one from your home state when you are carrying in FL.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bangba View Post
    Alright Gov5. you completly missed my point. Simply stated. It would be nice to be able to carry concealed across state lines, across the country with a CCL issued by your state. not having to have 6 non-resident licences to do so. I hope thats a little clearer for ya. No where did I mention the Gov't controling anything or giving up any of my constitutional rights. wouldn't it have been better to ask what I ment instead of........Well I guess you just missunderstood.
    Sorry for misunderstanding what you said. When you said it would be nice to have a "NATIONAL" license, I took that as the GOV'T issuing one. I didn't see how else you could get a "NATIONAL" license.

There has been so much talk here lately of getting the Federal GOV'T to do something about getting a National Reciprocity. I don't think the folks are thinking that through very clearly.

BTW, WHAT did you mean by a National License? Frankly, I don't see why a Driver's License shouldn't suffice. It proves residence, and it can be traced to see if there are any warrants out on you.

Don't worry about all this stuff though. In a few months, I think it will all be a moot point. The Supreme Court is going to make a decision that favors concealed carry in the U.S. The only thing you'll have to keep up with on gun laws in each state is where you can't carry in that state, such as bars, city buildings, etc. The biggest hassle to me are the laws about restaurants. In some states, you can carry in an eating place if more than 50% of the revenue comes from food sales, rather than alcohol. Well, how would you know that before you walked in? Some states don't see a problem with carrying in restaurants, even where alcohol is sold and consumed, but they won't let you carry in a bar? What's the difference? LOL!
    So, we'll still have to keep up with those type of conditions state by state.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast