I have decided to buy my first gun. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have decided to buy my first gun.

I have been waiting about three weeks now for my permit.

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    I have been waiting about three weeks now for my permit.
    And hopefully in that time frame you've taken the opportunity to shoot a Glock, which IMHO would be a great first gun.

No I have only shot a the Rugers I mentioned and Springfield 40, and a s&w revolver it was very light but it had a hard kick.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And hopefully in that time frame you've taken the opportunity to shoot a Glock, which IMHO would be a great first gun.
    Pinklady said "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am waiting for my concealed carry permit, and have been really wanting to buy a gun for myself. I have shot the ruger sp 101 and the ruger gp 100 and really liked them. I have weak hands and I can't do the slide on semi auto's and I can't handle much recoil due to hand surgery. So if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thank you..

G50Ae Glocks have slides.

Pinklady, sometimes buying a firearm is more confusing then buying a car. Find a gun person to help you with what is best for you. Remember, the guy at the gunstore is only trying to sell stuff. Most are good people and will try and help, but, they have other customers to tend to.
    Try out a .22 for practice. It is easy on the hands. Easy on the pocket book also.
    Try out as many pistols as you can. You will find a match. Good luck.

6. Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    i carry a glock 19 occasionally, but an lcp at all times (because it is so small and easy to conceal year round).
    lcp?

Good for you. Take your time and choose the one that feels right and allows you to shoot well.

Welcome to the site.
    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Is it just me or does it seem odd to to anyone else that the OP is waiting for their cwp to arrive and is just getting around to buying their gun??!! I hope you plan to spend a little time learning how to safely operate it before venturing out with it on your hip. I'm one who thinks owning and carrying a firearm is an absolute right but I think those that do so really should take some training and practice a lot before going armed in the general public.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

AvidshooterTx - It isn't that uncommon for someone to apply for their CCW and not own their own weapon. We had two in my CCW class when I went. PinkLady - you said you have a problem with pulling the slide back on a pistol because of your small hands. I'd suggest you try Charter Arms .32 H&R Magnum Ultralite. The weapon is a 5 rd. revolver and weighs in at only 12 oz. Because it's a .32 it doesn't have as much kick as a .38 spl. or .357 but it's still a magnum rd. so you know it has some punch to it. Check out Gun, Handgun, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, At Cost, Cheap, Firearm Accessories they are listing them at $325.00.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem odd to to anyone else that the OP is waiting for their cwp to arrive and is just getting around to buying their gun??!!
    Happens all the time in CT because they require everyone to have a pistol permit to purchase any handgun. The pistol permit also allows the holder to carry concealed within the town of issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 22-250 View Post
    lcp?
    Sorry about that. I mean Ruger LCP. It's a tiny .380. Excellent for concealed in the hottest of summers. Fits in Levis pocket (no laws against printing in SC, but it doesn't really print anyway).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast