CCW in the mail... Now the reality sets in - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW in the mail... Now the reality sets in

Also check out the CrossBreed line of IWB holsters. I love mine. It works for both my M&P45 fullframe and the M&P compact .40 that followed me home a few weeks ago.

Keep us posted...
    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

UPDATE!! Utah CCW was in my mailbox today. 10 weeks and 2 days. I have a feeling the more Oprahbama screws over the country, the busier issuing agencies are going to get. Just my opinion.

4. Totally agree with Grunt and 6shooter. Do not pat to make sure it's still there!! If you get in that habit it will be hard to break. Know it's there before you leave the house!

Another big one I agree with is it's not a show and tell item, if you remove it, it means you have to use it. Try to avoid removing it any way you can.

Stay safe, bro, and congratulations!

Thanks Dr. Dave. All good advice and common sense.

Utah CCW

Cool, that's great news.

I took the class about a month ago, I'm hoping to have mine by Memorial Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat61 View Post
    I hear Oregon's a real b!†@h to get. From what I understand, you have to get one from each county that you want to carry in? Not sure if that's correct. Good luck!
    Mountaingoat welcome to the family. An oregon permit is not really that hard to obtain. You just have to go through a concealed carry class. Then the application process is done by appointment in most counties. As to having seperate permits for each county that is an absolute NOPE. IF your applying for an out of state permit you must live in a state that borders oregon. The absolute friendliest county in the whole state to get a permit in is Grant county, but umatilla county is not too bad.

Jerry: So I live in Idaho and have taken both Utah and Idaho-required classes (Idaho just requires a safety class). Would I have to take yet another class to get an Oregon permit?

Over time, that awesomeness’ will fade and so will your state of ‘ever-ready’ decorum. In fact, I get burned out to the point that I don’t even bother to strap the darn thing on. It’s just something else to haul around and the chance of needing it is fairly low. Still, it’s like a seatbelt in that the one time you don’t use it, you get nailed or come close to some ‘Murphy’s Law’ event.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Mountaingoat i would say no but i am not a county sherriff nor a lawyer and i don't play either on tv. But i am an instructor and i would say that your Utah class is very similar to the oregon class that you would take. The only diffenerce being a concentration on the Oregon state laws. I would advise calling which ever sheriffs office you were going to go to apply for your permit and let them know of your pervious classes and your valid permits and bring a copy of your certificates when you apply. If they allow your classes i would still recommend some time reveiwing Oregon law as there are some differnces in the states.
    Of course if you want to take a class i can arrange one for you for a small fee... HAHA

Alright thanks for the input. "play one on tv." I don't think the younger generation would get that. Lol I don't have plans to travel to Oregon any time soon but I'll keep the advice in mind. :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast