Best belt for holsters? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best belt for holsters?

1. BeltMan fan here, too. (the bull hide)

5.11 fan here...haven't tried the leather one(s) yet, but i do have one on order
    Never had to use my gun, never want to use my gun, will not hesitate to use my gun.

+2 on The Belt Man for a no-nonsense solution. Of course, you will pay through the nose if you get the least bit fancy ~
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

When it comes to quality leather goods at a competitive price, I have always used a local guy who was trained as a saddle and tac maker. Kirkpatrick's Inc. http://www.kpatricks.com/ Brian makes the leather for duty gear and mounted units for many police and other agencies. Not all is fancy, but all is practical.

I use a 3 layer EMS belt, which is the most stable platform I have found for anything I may carry, firearm or otherwise ('Triple ply belts - inner core - polyolefin plastic for stiffness'). I have been using their duty and other gear for over 20 years. Even my wallet is one of theirs.
    "Be Good All Day"
    Rev. Paul
    CSSA, USCCA, NRA Benefactor, G.O.A. (Life), CCRKBA, SAF, SCCC

I have a Sharkskin belt from Wilson Combat. Not cheaply priced, but a long wearing, sturdy, comfortable belt, that works well.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Only A Biker Knows Why A Dog Sticks His Head Out A Car Window
    Keep the shiny side up brother. Love that quote!
    sorry to derail this thread

I found a great utility belt at WalMart. It is black, 1/12" and 1/4" thick, heavy nylon with imitation leather trim. I have worn it with my Old Faithful both IWB and OWB daily, with jeans and dress suit. It is holding up much better than I expected. It was $10 and I'd buy two more if I could find them again. I know some will laugh at this, but they have not tried it. Looking at leather belts for $75, I have to shake my head at their decisions, too. Good luck. Wish I had kept the SKU so I could order another. Bigstonebeach in Delaware. Be alert, be safe, keep your head.

Well, another trip to Wally's and I found the belt (1). It is Faded Glory, listed as a work belt. Reinforced holes withstand 120 pounds of pressure, has industrial grade hardware. Body/lining is 100% nylon with manmade overlay (a slim strip of imitation leather). I was wrong about the cost - it is $12. SKU is b13299 070205.I know some will scoff but I have found it well worth it. Worn every day, it shows no sign of wear and no stretch.

10. I have a "BullHide Belt" that should last for many years. The company by the same name, offers alot of closeouts also if your on their mailing or e mail list.

11. Hanks Clothing Amish Belts - CCW Belts - Free Shipping

Just bought two of them and they are really a well made product. Work great and at a good price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12