Best option for a first time buyer/low-mid budget? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best option for a first time buyer/low-mid budget?

exactly...i would love a springfield xd too, but being in college has me on a low budget.

$299 is a ridiculously good price. I saw a used .40VE at the gun show for $320 and i though i got a good deal getting mine new for $325 with the two free mags.

i have 135 grain hyrda shoks in my clip right now, and i have another box of 50 winchester 185 grain hollow points.

6shooter: I haven't had the time to shoot either brand yet. I probably should get on that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice8644 View Post
    exactly...i would love a springfield xd too, but being in college has me on a low budget.

$299 is a ridiculously good price. I saw a used .40VE at the gun show for $320 and i though i got a good deal getting mine new for $325 with the two free mags.

i have 135 grain hyrda shoks in my clip right now, and i have another box of 50 winchester 185 grain hollow points.

6shooter: I haven't had the time to shoot either brand yet. I probably should get on that soon.
    Yes... Finding out that the gun will not feed the ammo you have loaded it with in the middle of a fight for life situation, less than appealing.

I acquired a used Colt Officer's ACP and was putting it through the paces. The ejector was worn and not tuned well. It was not pulling the empty cartridge out consistently without slipping off the rim. The jam that it produced was difficult to clear quickly with the cartridge being almost pushed back into the chamber. In a gun fight that would be a game ending flaw. Always test the firearm with good factory ammo to verify initial quality and reliability. Next test with the carry or defensive ammo to be used. It gives you a feel for the gun with the ammo and provides a benchmark for accuracy and perceived recoil.

Just advice. Free of course.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234