How many carry a Glock or XD with one in the chamber - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: How many carry a Glock or XD with one in the chamber

1. My XD SubCompact in .40 is always ready to go. I will carry any weapon with one in the chanber or i won't carry it. I would carry with zero safety's and not worry about it. I have trained to handle a weapon, any weapon, safely. It is not the weapon that makes carring a particular gun unsafe, it is the carrier that makes the weapon unsafe. I can't even reach into my pocket to get my keys without getting hung up because my finger is sticking out!, let alone my holster!

Carry the XD with one in the pipe or carry a wrench

one in the pipe... always ready

4. I really like my Glock23 glad I had it when I got arrested a year ago, better they had a $500 handgun then my $900 HK. Long story made short this dude accused me of pointing my Glock at him, he saw it while I changed clothing at the Gym had me arrested. A year later a jury found me not guilty Attorney cost me $1,500 11 trips to the Court House. Getting my Glock back from the Police property room took five trips and many many phone calls.
    Then I had to have a background check and wait two weeks. Now I was informed I could not have the gun and Ammo. at the same time. Had to make another trip the next day for my Hornady TAP Ammo. Fool in property room asked if I just wanted them to trash it. Oh yeah I bet they would trash it.

5. Your the only safety your gun needs

I carry a Glock 37 always hot I just keep my finger off the trigger if your guns not ready to shoot you arent either

Glock 30SF .45 ACP with one in the chamber (10 + 1). My concerns are allayed by the following: 1) my Kydex Holster, 2) holster is removed for re-holstering weapon, 3) rigorous training to keep finger off trigger until sights are on-target (all the time, every time).

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer Squid View Post
    Glock 30SF .45 ACP with one in the chamber (10 + 1). My concerns are allayed by the following: 1) my Kydex Holster, 2) holster is removed for re-holstering weapon, 3) rigorous training to keep finger off trigger until sights are on-target (all the time, every time).
    Yes to all of the above. I am to the point where I will not carry a Glock chambered without it sitting in a Kydex or Serpa holster. I made the mistake of putting my Glock 36 in a 5.11 T-shirt made for concealed carry. I suffer from hives, and when I went to scratch one under my arm, my finger accidentally hit the trigger (which is nearly unprotected in these rigs). Fortunately, all I felt was the safety push in. I didn't hit it hard enough to activate the trigger. That pistol was replaced with my Beretta .380 pronto (I was going somewhere where deep concealment was required, and an IWB or OWB holster was out of the question). I have no qualms about carrying a Glock chambered when it sits in a proper holster made for that weapon. The Glock is NOT a pocket or purse pistol.

8. As a Glock Factory Certified Armorer and a LEO . I carry my Glock 26 always with 1 in the chamber . It is completely safe.

The reason it is safe is because the gun will not fire unless the trigger is depressed. Pulling the trigger is the only way for the plunger to release the firing pin. This is why it is called a safe action pistol. There is no other way for the gun to go off.

The instructor even put a snap cap in a Glock 23 and threw it on the floor and the gun still didn't fire. Also I have ran with my Glock 26 while jumping off walls, over fences and have not had an accidental discharge . (Knock on wood) I think that the Glock is one of the safest if not the safest firearms available.

Be safe

Yep! I do -- one in the chamber, always ready when the time comes to put bogger finger in the trigger. Why not?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

10. Chambered! XD 40

Glock 23, condition 1, all day every day!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast