Thread: How many carry a Glock or XD with one in the chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    A Big +1 on this
    Agree. If the BG gets hold of it.

Better condition 1.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I used to just have revolvers. I finally got my XD but I had the same concerns. I finally took it out to the range empty and tried every way (short of dropping it) to get it to go off with out the safeties being fit properly in my hand. I never was able to get it to fire unless it was properly gripped. I love it now that I have carried it for a year and have put a lot of rounds through it. I have never been a huge fan of "plastic" guns but this one is starting to really change my mind.

I carry an XD 9 Tactical with one in chamber ready to go. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Keith

I carried my Glock 26 a week with a Snap cap in the chamber and a loaded mag (had my P-3at with me as a back up) In that week I never had the Glock drop the striker on the snap cap, so I racked the slide and added another round to the mag and I haven't looked back.
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

When I'm carrying my Glock 26, I have a round in the chamber.
    Between the internal safeties and my fobus holster, all is well!
    Same with my Kel Tec!

We have 8 semi auto handguns, and weather carryed, in the car, or stashed at home they are all in condition one, and on the ones that do have a external safety, it is not used, my wife does not, but I alternate what I carry and not worrying about weather the particular weapon I have that day is really a safety concern if it needs to be used

Quote Originally Posted by ramrunnr View Post
    I carried my Glock 26 a week with a Snap cap in the chamber and a loaded mag (had my P-3at with me as a back up) In that week I never had the Glock drop the striker on the snap cap, so I racked the slide and added another round to the mag and I haven't looked back.
    Please, no offense intended ramrunnr, but why do many people chose to list the firearms they own? I for one rather not, because I don't know who is monitoring this website. It is possible I could be id'd and get a vist in the middle of the night by very bad people, or down the road, the Gub-Ment. Please understand, if you wish to list your toys, I have no issues with it. I have seen this on other forums such has RVs, ATV,s, PWC, boating, and general aviation websites.
    If one is inclined to list their toys, it don't bother me in the least. I am just trying to understand why.

9. I carry ready to squeeze...Loading one in the chamber is the last thing i want to think about in a situation. GLOCK 23 here.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    ... but why do many people chose to list the firearms they own?...
    Alot of times, it is because it somehow relates to the topic. (NOT always, but alot of times) I figure sooner or later mention will be made of each of them anyway (through conversation), so why not just get it out in the open and get it over with? Like you said, people like to list (and show off) their toys. I as an enthusiast appreciate lists or pictures of a nice collection.

As for someone ID'ing me and trying to come and steal them all, they would have to gain entry first. Not likely. And by the time our condition has deteriorated enough that the government is coming to take them, I won't be sticking around to greet them at the door. Most likely I'd end up in Texas before that happens.

BTW, to stay on topic I will add that I have carried my Glock with a round chambered since I first started carrying. No issues. Like many have already said, the gun will not discharge unless the trigger is pulled. It is very easy to be certain that the trigger will not be pulled unless I want it pulled. Pretty straight forward.
    Last edited by utimmer43; 04-10-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

there are XD springfields that also have the manual thumb safety as well as the grip safety.
    Check them out. they are very similar to operate just like the 1911, but they have the ambi safety and ambi mag catch.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast