How many carry a Glock or XD with one in the chamber - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many carry a Glock or XD with one in the chamber

1. I have one in the chamber only and always when I'm carrying it.

I keep air in the spare tire and one in the chamber of my Glock.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Please, no offense intended ramrunnr, but why do many people chose to list the firearms they own? I for one rather not, because I don't know who is monitoring this website. It is possible I could be id'd and get a vist in the middle of the night by very bad people, or down the road, the Gub-Ment. Please understand, if you wish to list your toys, I have no issues with it. I have seen this on other forums such has RVs, ATV,s, PWC, boating, and general aviation websites.
    If one is inclined to list their toys, it don't bother me in the least. I am just trying to understand why.
    I have what I have listed as it shows what I am familiar with to others. I never said that this is all I own or even if I do own them, you just assumed I owned them and honestly, who on here knows what I really own. No one on this forum knows me personally and if someone does, they don't know that this is me. No one ever said that everyone on the Internet is honest. I am not trying to belittle what you have said, I am not trying to to be an a&$ and I have not taken offense either. But how is someone going to know who I am? My picture is not on here. My location is vague, if it is even accurate. With the way computer technology is with IP spoofing, I can hide my location and make it appear that I am in another State or even country instead of where I really am. I access this and other sites from multiple computers, using different technology to access the Internet from different locations You cannot tell, for sure. Also, don't fool yourself, the government knows what guns you own. With all the paperwork that we have to do when we buy a gun, there is a trail. Unless you buy off the street, your collection was given to you, or you build your own.

Maybe I should remove my list or put "I am familiar with and know how to operate:" at the beginning of my sig line.

I honestly am not trying to be a jerk, if I am coming across like that I apologize.

Now here is my statement, I know how to operate, but I am not saying that I own all or any of the firearms in my sig line.

This might also be a memorial to the firearms that I lost in an horrific boating accident, the boat capsized and they all fell to the deepest darkest part of the ocean.

If I ever get another Glock, after that horrific boating accident, I will carry it chambered.
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Alot of times, it is because it somehow relates to the topic. (NOT always, but alot of times) I figure sooner or later mention will be made of each of them anyway (through conversation), so why not just get it out in the open and get it over with? Like you said, people like to list (and show off) their toys. I as an enthusiast appreciate lists or pictures of a nice collection.

As for someone ID'ing me and trying to come and steal them all, they would have to gain entry first. Not likely. And by the time our condition has deteriorated enough that the government is coming to take them, I won't be sticking around to greet them at the door. Most likely I'd end up in Texas before that happens.

BTW, to stay on topic I will add that I have carried my Glock with a round chambered since I first started carrying. No issues. Like many have already said, the gun will not discharge unless the trigger is pulled. It is very easy to be certain that the trigger will not be pulled unless I want it pulled. Pretty straight forward.
    What he said. Thanks, utimmer43, I think that you were a little more eloquent than I was.

<---- She has one chambered too.
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

I seem to be the odd man out. But normally I dont carry with the chamber loaded, unless I am on duty.
    -Austin

Recently started carrying an XDm .40 Smith service in a BH Serpa paddle with Kramer leather gun belt.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

8. I bought XD 9mm a few months ago have fired it a lot with a group in AZ. But still wonder about carrying with one in chamber, but after reading all these post about that I will start.

XD .45 (great gun!), with one in the chamber from day one, never a problem. I think formal, extensive training (here's a plug for Front Sight) made the difference for me. Instructors impressed on me that one in the chamber was the only way to go and I've never looked back.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Carry the Glock 27 primarily as my CCW...absolutely carry with one in the tube!

It doesn't matter which one I'm carrying there is always one chambered. It did take me a while to get used to it, and I moved my grand daughter to the other side, but I agree with the sentiment that I wear my seat belt before the crash, and carry with one in the chamber.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast