How many carry a Glock or XD with one in the chamber - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How many carry a Glock or XD with one in the chamber

How many carry a Glock or XD with one in the chamber

Quote Originally Posted by W.D.Murray View Post
    Just wondering how many people carry a XD or Glock with one in the chamber? I have a XD but feel very unsafe carrying with one in the chamber. I have several 1911 .45 that I would feel uncomfortable carrying with out one in the chamber.
    I don't carry a Glock or an XD, I carry a PT709 or PT145, and I always have one in the chamber with the decocker off. You have to physically pull the trigger in order for the weapon to discharge.

one in the chamber

I carry a glock 36 with one in the chamber, that's why I bought it. I have a hi-point C-9 that goes with me hunting and fishing, but that one ,the chamber is empty.. my 1911, I have carried both ways, but when I need a gun, I want it ready to work. :)

I carry a Glock 30 and love it, I always carry it HOT! No need to carry it without one in the chamber or that's just my opinion and everyone know the whole theory on those. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Alot of times, it is because it somehow relates to the topic. (NOT always, but alot of times) I figure sooner or later mention will be made of each of them anyway (through conversation), so why not just get it out in the open and get it over with? Like you said, people like to list (and show off) their toys. I as an enthusiast appreciate lists or pictures of a nice collection.

As for someone ID'ing me and trying to come and steal them all, they would have to gain entry first. Not likely. And by the time our condition has deteriorated enough that the government is coming to take them, I won't be sticking around to greet them at the door. Most likely I'd end up in Texas before that happens.

BTW, to stay on topic I will add that I have carried my Glock with a round chambered since I first started carrying. No issues. Like many have already said, the gun will not discharge unless the trigger is pulled. It is very easy to be certain that the trigger will not be pulled unless I want it pulled. Pretty straight forward.
    Amen.. Well written...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I seem to be the odd man out. But normally I dont carry with the chamber loaded, unless I am on duty.
    Nope... You are you and you do things your way... No odd man seen here...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

7. "safe-trigger " HAHAHA. That's a funny one.

I carry an XD .40 with one in the tube as well as an M&P .45 same way.

You mean to tell me that there are members here that actually consider not chambering a round while carrying ??

If your not confident in your own handgun safety and skill set, you don't need to be carrying.

"When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

10. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I seem to be the odd man out. But normally I dont carry with the chamber loaded, unless I am on duty.
    Yes, you are.

I've heard and thought of a whole lot of reasons to keep a round chambered but I've NEVER heard a single good one for carrying an unloaded gun andANY GUN THAT WON'T SHOOT WHEN YOU DISENGAGE ANY SAFETIES IT MAY HAVE IS UNLOADED.

In my opinion, you are just being a gun bearer for a mugger/muggers and , personally, I'd rather you not arm him with your gun because he may turn around and use it on ME tomorrow.

If you aren't chambering a round because it's 'too dangerous' or 'someone may get hurt', then you don't need to carry one to begin with. If you are scared to carry it, what makes you think you will be willing to use it? If you won't use it, somebody's gonna take it away from you and they WILL use it- probably on you first and maybe on someone else (like, again, ME) later.

I personally prefer carrying a LOADED gun for self defense because I live in the real world and I understand that I may not have a spare hand free to chamber a round. It may be tied up with fending off my attacker(s) or may be injured in the initial exchange.

11. i carry my glock19 or my xd45 with a round in the chamber

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast