Concealed Carry without Permit Bill Signed by Governor - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry without Permit Bill Signed by Governor

things are a little different since our precious liberties were written. i applaud any step forward in the gun rights subject. az is a pathfinder when it comes to gun rights and should be proud of thier decisions BUT i do think carrying without permit isa bit much for today's america.too many mental cases and the cops have enough to deal with. i think florida has it down pat. strict screening before granting permits. jmo
    NEVER FORGET 9*11*01

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by glock stock n barrel View Post
    things are a little different since our precious liberties were written. i applaud any step forward in the gun rights subject. az is a pathfinder when it comes to gun rights and should be proud of thier decisions BUT i do think carrying without permit isa bit much for today's america.too many mental cases and the cops have enough to deal with. i think florida has it down pat. strict screening before granting permits. jmo
    Did you need a "Press pass" to "publish" this? Or did your 1st Amendment right cover it? Should grammatical or spelling errors cause one to lose their 1A right? Should a lack of training (poorly educated) be cause for losing 1A rights? Permitting ANY infringement of a right sets a precedent for the infringement of ALL rights.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by glock stock n barrel View Post
    BUT i do think carrying without permit isa bit much for today's america.too many mental cases and the cops have enough to deal with.
    We citizens have to deal with an ever growing number of cops that are mental cases, nothing is one sided anymore.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Did you need a "Press pass" to "publish" this? Or did your 1st Amendment right cover it? Should grammatical or spelling errors cause one to lose their 1A right? Should a lack of training (poorly educated) be cause for losing 1A rights? Permitting ANY infringement of a right sets a precedent for the infringement of ALL rights.

Thank you
    WOW!! Are you an attorney too? That's the best I've ever read on the right to be armed and carry>

BRAVO ZULU!!!!!!!!!

Constitutional Carry Initiative Crossing The County...

Constitutional Carry Initiative Crossing The County...

Contact your State Representatives/Senators/Assemblymen etc...
    And get it going in your neck of the woods...

Utah: Lawmakers set sights on Constitutional Carry

Some state lawmakers want to loosen Utah's already liberal gun laws by following the Last Frontier's example and allowing any legal gun owner to pack a concealed weapon without a permit...
    Concealed guns for (almost) everyone? | The Salt Lake Tribune

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government...
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

"The Second Amendment IS my Concealed Carry Permit" - Ted Nugent

Related Thread...
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/polit...y-permits.html

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Nice! A win for Freedom! Congrats AZ. I love going to VT where I can carry concealed or open without a permit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    WOW!! Are you an attorney too? That's the best I've ever read on the right to be armed and carry>

BRAVO ZULU!!!!!!!!!
    And pretty soon we will need to get a license toworshipthe god of our choosing and will be required to renew every 6 yrs and prove that we are proficient in reciting the Lord's Prayer, hail Mary's, or the Koran or whatever. Ridiculous isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

JSD,

This response to you should not be taken as me being a wiseguy, please. I'm just stating my view on what you said, so read in no more or no less than that. Fair enough?

I see what you are saying about responsible people only being able to get guns for concealed carry. What I am saying is that it's your opinion. the problem with that is that some people have some WIERD opinions. That's why we have all these WIERD gun laws now. You see, by allowing opinions to form law, you wind up with crazy laws, made by folks that are generally on the other side of YOUR opinion. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

For those reasons, it's just easier to use the Constitution, as it was written, and abide by it. An American citizens has the right to keep and bear arms, and that right shall not be infringed. For the life of me, I don't understand why, in this Country, we keep making laws to enforce laws we already have on the books. It's insanity.
    the congress has to try to justify why they get the big paycheck!
    doing what is popular is not always right and doing what is right is not always popular

JSDinTexas Guest
    I want to thank all the posters as I have learned a great deal from the site and this thread - particularly about the interpretation of the 2nd. I have rehashed this in my mind and will settle on this statement: No restrictions on carry OC or CC, but I would like to know that the person does have some ability to hit the target and not me. And I have no idea how that might be accomplished while maintaining no infringement. Wonder how many were shot by mistake in the old west when everyone carried a gun - must have been some bad shots in that group.

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    I want to thank all the posters as I have learned a great deal from the site and this thread - particularly about the interpretation of the 2nd. I have rehashed this in my mind and will settle on this statement: No restrictions on carry OC or CC, but I would like to know that the person does have some ability to hit the target and not me. And I have no idea how that might be accomplished while maintaining no infringement. Wonder how many were shot by mistake in the old west when everyone carried a gun - must have been some bad shots in that group.
    I previously suggested either on this forum or elsewhere on a related subject; that while mandating any kind of training should not be allowed period...

IT can be encouraged in such a way that you can just about guarantee it occurring...

Such as...

• Tax Break For FFL Dealers whom provide a optional beginning training program.
    • Tax Break for individuals purchasing a weapon and attending a optional beginning training program in advance.
    • Tax Break For FFL Dealers whom provide a optional intermediate-advanced training program.
    • Tax Break for individuals purchasing a weapon and attending a optional intermediate-advanced training program following purchase of said weapon(s).
    • FFL Dealers whom are so small that they cannot provide such training can work out deals with qualified individuals whom do run such training/facilities.

On a related note, no amount of training can guarantee how said individual will actually perform in a shoot-out so to speak...

E.G.: in my recent CCW renewal class, I watched a documentary where the statistics demonstrated that police officers nationwide carried an average of 15 round capacity handguns and fired an average of 18 rounds per engagement (shootout) and averaged 3 non-fatal hits per incident...

Additionally, I think it was last year I personally saw on a live news feed where this bank robber in Missouri or somewhere thereabouts lead the cops on a chase and got stuck in traffic; he was surrounded by 5 police officers at point blank range whom had weapons drawn and aimed and he drew down on them; they fired some 20 odd rounds and hit him 3 times non-fatally...

These guys could not hit the broad side of a barn...

In the USMC I fired 1000's of rounds a month, and now-a-days in retirement, I run at least the recommended minimum 200 rounds a month through every hand-gun I wish to remain proficient with...
    I add a twist of doing it with each hand...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast