Concealment - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealment

In todays society people are carrying more things than ever before. if you do have a bulge most people will brush it off as a cell phone, pda, mp3 player, etc. As a concealed carrier you know what it is, but most people want even think "GUN".

I've posted this in other forums... And I've actually done it...

Take the "Tape Measure Test":

- Get a 25' steel tape measure, about 3"X3"X 1" thick.
    - Attach it to your belt, at the "4-o'clock" position
    - Drape a fitted, relatively tight shirt over it, long enough to cover the tape +1-2"
    - Walk around in public for HOURS.... Walmart, the grocery store, through the park...

Nobody will even NOTICE the fact that you have something under your shirt.
    Nobody will run screaming.
    Nobody will call the cops.
    Nobody will care.

The VAST majority of Americans walk around life in a permanent fog... Col Jeff Cooper would call it "Condition White"... Oblivious. Those who notice a "bulge" will have "GUN!" as the last thing on their mind. The only people who will think it's a gun, are those who carry themselves. Most people have NO concept that a very significant number of people carry concealed every day. Most people have no idea who the Vice President of the US is! Most people have no idea what the 2nd Amendment is, let alone WHAT an Amendment is...

Try the "test". It will shock you. Then... you'll never worry about "printing" again.

"Concealed" is as defined, out of common sight. A bulge is not a gun. Quit worrying about it.

Jeff

The vice president of the United States is Spiro T. Agnew

Jeff, I do believe you hit the nail on the head.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWard View Post
    The VAST majority of Americans walk around life in a permanent fog...
    Thats exactly right! I can almost always tell when someone has gone heavy, not so much because I am looking but since I am always "heavy" I keep my situational awareness high.
    Sometimes it is a bulge, others its a mannerism or twitch.
    People who carry IWB or paddle holsters tend to check & make sure their pistol is secure by pressing against it with their forearm. They do it without even thinking about it, watch & you will see.
    People that carry shoulder holsters tend to press their arm against the pistol & into their chest and/or roll their shoulders.
    People with ankle holsters tend to "bump" one leg into the other to reassure themselves that its still there.

Watch some people who you know are carrying & you will start to notice the signs...
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

Jeff nailed it as far as I'm concerned.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12