Looking for a holster for my S&W SW40VE Sigma - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a holster for my S&W SW40VE Sigma

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    I think its funny how people dog on inexpensive guns. Its ate all the ammo i have put through it. I guess you would rather i carry nothing at all since i can't afford a sig.

Either way do any of you guys see a problem with the crossbreed holster with me being a large man. I am about 6'1 and weigh 260 pounds, so are these holsters meant for skinny guys or will it work for my fat ass?
    Sorry to offend memphis. Friend of mine bought one. He was almost in tears. He dumped it and I sold him my Glock 27 cheap. Friends help out friends. If your sigma works for you, good deal.

wolfhunter Guest
    I suppose i should buy a hi point to spark some interesting discussions
    My C9 is reliable, though not a tack driver (everything on paper at 25 yards). Because of the top heavy slide, the gun is prone to problems caused by limp wristing, but that just helps me focus on that aspect of shooting.

My 995 is an awesome carbine. With iron sights, it'll put 100 rounds in a hole the size of my fist at 50 yards. With a 2x red dot, it'll put those 100 rounds in the black at 100+ yards.

Back on topic: You should have no problems with a Crossbreed due to your size.

Enjoy

Well if i can come across the extra money i think the Crossbreed Supertuck is going to be what i will order first.

Having handled both the Supertuck and the Kholster, the BIG difference (other than the price) is the craftsmanship. If I had to rate the three similar holsters, they would be the MTAC,the Supertuck and then the Kholster. The Kholster has a thin leather backing and the other two have thicker leather pieces where the kydex is. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrman273 View Post
    Having handled both the Supertuck and the Kholster, the BIG difference (other than the price) is the craftsmanship. If I had to rate the three similar holsters, they would be the MTAC,the Supertuck and then the Kholster. The Kholster has a thin leather backing and the other two have thicker leather pieces where the kydex is. Just my opinion.
    That is the first i am hearing about the MTAC holster. You really think its better than the Supertuck? It sure looks nice...

I just checked their products and the IWB holster i was looking at at MTAC doesn't have my gun as an option. Would i want to choose a glock model similar to it or just avoid it?

I think the reason I rank the MTAC higher than the Supertuck is because you have an option to change out the kydex body for any other handgun that you have. Also the craftsmanship is a tad bit better i.e. stitching. I decided to go with the Supertuck because Mark (the owner) is a standup guy and their business is located here in Missouri. You will not go wrong going with either company though. Try them out, they both have excellent customer service.

Okay guys how about comparing the Crossbreed supertuck deluxe to the Kholster full moon?

Is the Crossbreed really worth the extra $30?
    YES...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Don't worry. He never has anything good to say about anything or anybody.
    Well Yea...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

As soon as i get the funds my order is getting placed ASAP for the supertuck!

I think its funny how people dog on inexpensive guns. Its ate all the ammo i have put through it. I guess you would rather i carry nothing at all since i can't afford a sig.

Either way do any of you guys see a problem with the crossbreed holster with me being a large man. I am about 6'1 and weigh 260 pounds, so are these holsters meant for skinny guys or will it work for my fat ass?
    Memphis, (nice handle by the way, I actually live there!)

Don't worry about the way the Super Tuck works for us big boned dudes. I'm about your size and I've had mine for over a year and love it. It works well for me at bout the 4 o'clock position with my Glock and blends in well when it's tucked it. The funny thing is, it probably works better for you than a skinny guy.

You won't regret buying either one of the two you mentioned, but based upon my personal experience I predict you will love the Cross Breed.

Good luck and let us know what you think once you get yours.
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22: 36

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast