Looking for a holster for my S&W SW40VE Sigma - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a holster for my S&W SW40VE Sigma

Quote Originally Posted by 42TNRed View Post
    Memphis, (nice handle by the way, I actually live there!)

Don't worry about the way the Super Tuck works for us big boned dudes. I'm about your size and I've had mine for over a year and love it. It works well for me at bout the 4 o'clock position with my Glock and blends in well when it's tucked it. The funny thing is, it probably works better for you than a skinny guy.

You won't regret buying either one of the two you mentioned, but based upon my personal experience I predict you will love the Cross Breed.

Good luck and let us know what you think once you get yours.
    I must say the SuperTuck is a "Fat Guy" favorite..

6.0' and 225lbs OK, OK.. or so...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

So what is the most popular position to wear a IWB holster like the Supertuck for a right handed shooter? The 4 oclock seems popular right?

Memphis,

Holster positions are very much a personal preference. Once you get your rig the first decision to make is where can you place it so that you can get to it quickly. Next, is it as concealed as possible? And last, is comfort. If it's riding in a spot where you simply can't abide wearing it, you won't. It will take a few hours of wearing around the house at first to find "the spot" that's right for you.

Personally the 3:30 to 4:00 works for me. It's comfortable when I'm driving and I can quickly access it and conceal it from that location. Very much further forward it seems to get into my way and further back it becomes a little harder to access quickly.

You'll know when you hit the sweet spot. Good luck!
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22: 36

Ordered the Crossbreed Supertuck with combat cut today. Lets see how long it takes to get here. Should have plenty of time for it to get here before my permit does.

Each individual has their preferences on carry position, retention level, material and style. I carried a Sigma in a Galco SOB in the 5:00-5:30 position and found it suited me. Cannot remember price though. Surely you can track the current pricing down on the net though.

The Sigma is the only gun I have drawn and fired for self-defense and it worked just fine for me.

Practice, practice, train, practice, prac...
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    So what is the most popular position to wear a IWB holster like the Supertuck for a right handed shooter? The 4 oclock seems popular right?
    For me yes 3:30 or so. For you try and find out. What works for me may not work for you. You may find 5:00, almost into the small of the back works well.

Peace..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

8. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Holster for a sigma? That means you are going to carry it? Well, if you want to.

I know a perfect place for a stigma. Anchor locker on your boat. IMO.

you must be very young and have a friend who has a friend who has a sigma.

I use a DeSantis lether OWB holster for my Sigma. Was under $60.

Carries great, lighter than my buddies MDx.

Try a Clevelands Holster 1/2 the price of the crossbreed. I like it better and it has more cant adjustment points.
    clevelandsholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Sorry to offend memphis. Friend of mine bought one. He was almost in tears. He dumped it and I sold him my Glock 27 cheap. Friends help out friends. If your sigma works for you, good deal.
    So... you didnt even own one??? Did you fire his at all? Even once?? sigh....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast