45 caliber pistols - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 45 caliber pistols

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    ..also, have you looked at the Sig P220? Thats still my .45 of choice
    I wasn't able to afford much when I bought my first pistol, a P220. So I did alot of research and determined it was going to be the best bang for the buck, so to speak. Not inexpensive by any means, and I was not disappointed. Still love that weapon to this day. Though I don't carry it much anymore, it's never far away...

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I'll bet the police and other 'more important' folks can have all the unsafe guns they want...

I'd like to hear more about the MA list. The only one I'm fairly familiar with is CA.
    http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/...rms_roster.pdf

The AG's office here in MA has control of what firearms are allowed and they post the list and update it every 3 to 6 months I've been told. Again I would love to try the XD line of pistols as I have not read anything really negative about them. The manufacturer has to submit a few for testing and approval. That's why Glock got pissed and left the state. Can't buy 'em here new here they have to be used or LEO turn in.

The money is good here for now with my job so I stay.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    have you looked at the Sig P220? Thats still my .45 of choice

Can't argue that. If I could have only one .45 auto it would be my SIG P220 Combat.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Thanks, interesting reading.
    ...The money is good here for now with my job so I stay.

Peace...
    You gotta make your choices, and paychecks are a huge part of those choices. I feel greatly frustrated by the limitations on my natural rights living in 'Free America'. I'd go out of my mind trying to put up with the restrictions people deal with in the more restrictive states.

Best of luck.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Glock fan here, also have shot XDs a H&K, Kimber, had no real complaints with any of them, the Kimber did have a couiple of FTFs, I geuss because the gun was near new, less than 50 rds thru it, i have had 5 glocks and still have 3 and have never had one do anything wrong even once, the G-27 I have has probably had over 3000 rds thru it never a hiccup, the G-21 and G-36, maybe 1000 each never a hiccup, so IMHO if you want a 45 in a large frame weapon go with the G-21 if you will want to conceal it G-36

Glad to see this one. I was actually thinking about some of the same things over the past few days, with someof the same choices as the OP. So, nobody said anything about the Glock SF...

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    Glad to see this one. I was actually thinking about some of the same things over the past few days, with someof the same choices as the OP. So, nobody said anything about the Glock SF...
    My G-21 is the SF model, wife and I both like to shoot it, a bit large for concealed carry

Sig 220. BUT......Must look at the FN-45....great pistol! The glock 36 has limited round count and is very jumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/...rms_roster.pdf

The AG's office here in MA has control of what firearms are allowed and they post the list and update it every 3 to 6 months I've been told. Again I would love to try the XD line of pistols as I have not read anything really negative about them. The manufacturer has to submit a few for testing and approval. That's why Glock got pissed and left the state. Can't buy 'em here new here they have to be used or LEO turn in.

The money is good here for now with my job so I stay.

Peace...
    Ah yes...the list. I was about to post the list but you beat me to it! Perhaps if we could just elect a pro-gun conservative AG and bounce Coakley....we might be able to scrap the "list". That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    My G-21 is the SF model, wife and I both like to shoot it, a bit large for concealed carry

Good to know. Thanks!! I read some reviews of it, and just like everything else, some were good and some bad. I tend to trust a lot of people here more than I do the stuff I see on google results.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast