Carrying in a bank - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carrying in a bank

1. Navy Federal Credit Union has no association with the Federal government. NFCU is a PRIVATE corporation and does NOT have any employees of the Federal government present in their facilities performing their official duties. 18 USC 930:

United States Code: Title 18,930. Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities | LII / Legal Information Institute

(g) As used in this section:
    (1) The term “Federal facility” means a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I recall reading somewhere...that a military recruiting station in a strip shopping center is still considered a federal facility...
    In this case it is a matter of who works there and what they are doing - not the location.

Neal: as a ohio ccw holder check with your instructor. There was several changes made in 2009. Banks and hospitals are touchy subject for workers at these places.. Another thing check with your sheriffs office where your permit was issued. In my opinion carry where you wan

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Perfectly legal in Arizona, open or concealed, do it all the time.
    Same in New Mexico.. perfectly legal

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    In this case it is a matter of who works there and what they are doing - not the location.
    Wow, my son and I paid a visit to one of those consolidated frecruiting centers and it didn't even cross my mind that it would be classed as a Federal facility although I remember checking around the door to be sure there was no sign posted. I do that for almost everywhere I go.

Only one of the recruiters mentioned it. The Marine we were talking to noticed it and said, "Hey, no problem at all. I noticed when your dad sat down that he was carrying.", after my son mentioned his CWP in the course of the conversation when the talk concerned weapons and that "all Marines being riflemen" subject.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

I'd be surprised if you got hassled about it at a Marine recruiter. I believe they tend to like people who know how to handle a weapon, generally speaking.

No hassle at all, just a discussion on handgun calibers and OC/CC.

Great guy (he recruiter).
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123