Post office carry - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Post office carry

1. Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    What is your point of view? "Store the same on postal property,..."

Dictionary : Store means it is like a building housing or business housing AS POSTAL PROPERTY....nothing to do with parking lot and your car....
    In this case, there is no difference if your gun is in a car, or in a box sitting on the pavement. When you leave your gun in the car, you are using your car to store your gun there. When your car is on postal property, you are storing your gun on postal property. If your car is in your driveway, then your gun is being stored on your property. If your car is in my driveway, than your gun is being stored on my property. The car is simply the container the gun is being stored in.

And, notice what section (l) starts with:
    "Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, rule or regulation" - it does not matter if your state considers a car to be an extension of your home or not. If the property (parking lot) is under control of the Post Office, then they make the rules on that property, regardless of what state law says.

3. Store is noun, not verb....If you read the sentence from regulation...the store, tell me which one is verb or noun ?

Dictionary:
    store –noun
    1.an establishment where merchandise is sold, usually on a retail basis.
    2. a grocery: We need bread and milk from the store.
    3. a stall, room, floor, or building housing or suitable for housing a retail business.
    4. a supply or stock of something, esp. one for future use.
    5. stores, supplies of food, clothing, or other requisites, as for a household, inn, or naval or military forces.
    6. Chiefly British. a storehouse or warehouse.
    7. quantity, esp. great quantity; abundance, or plenty: a rich store of grain.
    NRA Life Member

wolfhunter Guest
    RRGlock,
    Read down a few lines in your dictionary.

Store - verb- Keep or accumulate (something) for future use. Retain or enter (information) for electronic retrieval

5. 39 CFR 232.1 (CFR = Code of Federal Regulations):

§ 232.1 Conduct on postal property.

(a) Applicability. This section applies to all real property under the charge and control of the Postal Service, to all tenant agencies, and to all persons entering in or on such property. This section shall be posted and kept posted at a conspicuous place on all such property.

(l) Weapons and explosives . Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, rule or regulation, no person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

I re-read again the code of federal regulation.....ahhhh it is verb because of the sentence "................ , or store ...........". OK, my bad...That is mean you may not store (anything firearms, expolsion, deadly weapon, dangerous) on the postal (building) property.

My point of view is nothing to do with your car, but you can't carry openly or concealed with your firearms, or explosives, or deadly weapon, or dangerous, or store inside the building, which is you are on the postal "building" property.
    NRA Life Member

6. Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    Store is noun, not verb....If you read the sentence from regulation...the store, tell me which one is verb or noun ?

Dictionary:
    store –noun
    1.an establishment where merchandise is sold, usually on a retail basis.
    2. a grocery: We need bread and milk from the store.
    3. a stall, room, floor, or building housing or suitable for housing a retail business.
    4. a supply or stock of something, esp. one for future use.
    5. stores, supplies of food, clothing, or other requisites, as for a household, inn, or naval or military forces.
    6. Chiefly British. a storehouse or warehouse.
    7. quantity, esp. great quantity; abundance, or plenty: a rich store of grain.
    You have got to be kidding, right? But OK, I'll play basic grammar for $100, Alex. Let's substitute one of your nouns in the regulation and see what happens:

(l) Weapons and explosives . Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, rule or regulation, no person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or building housing a retail business the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

Hmmmm... that certainly doesn't read correctly, now does it? Well, let's try substituting a verb from the dictionary and see what we get:

(l) Weapons and explosives . Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, rule or regulation, no person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or keep or accumulate the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

Now, isn't that interesting how that verb fits right in there.

7. TO BE HONEST, does anyone admit that you had done before you pulled out your gun and put it in the center consoled before you are entering in the postal, then when you go back in the car, you put your gun in your holster, and leaving from the postal property?
    Last edited by RRGlock23; 05-06-2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: revised edit
    NRA Life Member

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    39 CFR 232.1 (CFR = Code of Federal Regulations):

(a) Applicability. This section applies to all real property under the charge and control of the Postal Service, to all tenant agencies, and to all persons entering in or on such property. This section shall be posted and kept posted at a conspicuous place on all such property.

(l) Weapons and explosives . Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, rule or regulation, no person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

I re-read again the code of federal regulation.....ahhhh it is verb because of the sentence "................ , or store ...........". OK, my bad...That is mean you may not store (anything firearms, expolsion, deadly weapon, dangerous) on the postal (building) property.

My point of view is nothing to do with your car, but you can't carry openly or concealed with your firearms, or explosives, or deadly weapon, or dangerous, or store inside the building, which is you are on the postal "building" property.
    This interpretation means I could come to your house, use your grill, swim in your pool, skateboard in your driveway,and leer at your wife, but NONE of this would be trespassing unless I entered your house.

Thank you for permission. Please ensure the propane bottle is full.

9. Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    39 CFR 232.1 (CFR = Code of Federal Regulations):

I would hope, if I were you, that you never have to present that argument to a judge. You want some case law? How about this:

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

The Court ruled against Del Gallo, who was NOT in the BUILDING. He was on the sidewalk outside the building in the parking lot. And if paragraph (h) applies outside the building, one could reasonably conclude that paragraph (l) of the exact same regulation also applies outside the building.

10. TO BE HONEST, do you admit that you had done before you pulled out your gun and put it in the center consoled before you are entering in the postal, then when you go back in the car, you put your gun in your holster, and leaving from the postal property?

I bet you had done before if you are ccw
    NRA Life Member

wolfhunter Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    TO BE HONEST, do you admit that you had done before you pulled out your gun and put it in the center consoled before you are entering in the postal, then when you go back in the car, you put your gun in your holster, and leaving from the postal property?

I bet you had done before if you are ccw
    Nope. I've done this: I've parked ACROSS THE STREET, removed my EDC from its home, tucked into storage, locked said storage, got out of my vehicle, locked it and walked across the street to the post office. When I was safely back across the street and in my vehicle, I've then returned my EDC to its home while reassuring it that these separations are a necessary, but infrequent, evil until unconstitutional laws can be corrected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast