Appendix carry...do you recommend it? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Appendix carry...do you recommend it?

Quote Originally Posted by nhcruffler View Post
    M&J , I do not live in Ga. and I am glad that I do not live near you. People that pretend to know it all only prove how little they do know.
    HTML Code:
    I can't remember
    does not build a very convincing argument!Please try to be more constructive in your future posts.
    Easy... Admonish with care or do so with a private message. It ends up becoming a back and fourth battle about who wrote what. Keep to the topic at hand. Lets try and keep it peaceful here. There have been too many hostile threads here the past few weeks. We all need to try and practice better social skills. I'm guilty of it as well so with that written...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Easy... Admonish with care or do so with a private message. It ends up becoming a back and fourth battle about who wrote what. Keep to the topic at hand. Lets try and keep it peaceful here. There have been too many hostile threads here the past few weeks. We all need to try and practice better social skills. I'm guilty of it as well so with that written...

Peace...
    The Golden Rule of Posting: If you wouldn't say it in person (cause you might get your eye dotted), then don't post it. Be men of respect. (OK, that's 2 rules, so sue me...)
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Carrying methods are like ammo selection and firearm selection. They're all personal choices. Whatever you choose, be sure that it's:

1) Safe. Safety should be the most important factor when dealing with firearms, ammunition and accessories. If you're gonna carry a firearm to protect yourself, it would be seriously counter productive if the firearm, ammo, etc were responsible for causing you injury.

2) Adequate for the job. Whatever you choose, make sure that it will do the job that it's intended to do. If you're going to carry a firearm for personal protection, be sure that the caliber you choose is capable of stopping whatever threat you're protecting yourself against. Know your local laws regarding CC/OC, etc. be sure that your firearm and ammo selection are in compliance with local laws, while being adequate to do the job.

3) Something you will practice with. An expensive firearm, ammunition, holster, etc. are worthless if you don't practice using them. You should practice on a regular basis so that you are confident with your equipment and ammunition. Be sure that you will be able to function under various conditions. Be absolutely familiar with your equipment and it's capabilities.

I recommend that my students experiment with various firearms and ammo combinations. See how different carry methods work, and find what you're most comfortable with. Your firearm will be useless if you left it at home because it was uncomfortable to carry. Be sure that however you choose to carry, be sure that you use a good quality holster that completely covers the trigger. Numerous "negligent discharges" (ND) occur every year due to improper firearms handling. A good quality firearm should not fire unless the trigger is manipulated. I have heard countless ND stories where the individual responsible says something like "I didn't mean to pull the trigger". A quality holster minimizes the possibility of foreign objects unintentionally manipulating the trigger. Not only is a holster an important piece of safety equipment, in some places, as pointed out in a previous post, may be a legal requirement.

What works for one person may not work for another person.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123