Looking for good IWB holster. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for good IWB holster.

Crossbreed

I've tried DeSantis, Highnoon, Galco and Crossbreed. The Crossbreed Supertuck was my choice for IWB bar none!

Quote Originally Posted by Les Maynard View Post
    They are 3" Kimber Ultra CDP II's one is a 45acp and the other is a 9mm, the 5" is a Kimber Eclipse Custom II 45acp. Two of the holsters are Milt Sparks Summer Comfort II's and the other one is a Little Bear, all are IWB.
    Yea, I meant to comment on the hardware as well. Very nice.

How is the Kimber Ultra CDP? Recoil, reliability, overall happiness with the purchase? Your opinions for value vs. cost.

Thanks and Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

4. I also use a crossbreed holster. My second choice would be my don hume holster.

Oklahoma Concealed Carry Classes by OK Sport Shooting

I am partial to the Milt Spark Versa Max II. I carry a offier size 1911 in my daily and it is very comfortable and easliy hides the gun under a t shirt. One of the other concerns you should have on any carry holster is how stable is it when you draw. The Versa Max hardly moves on draw and stay open for re-holstering. It is also easy to take off when it is necessary to use a public bathroom.

Brigade Gun Leather also make a model m-11 that is very close to the Versa Max and is a wonderful holster. The bad thing about either of these is that since they are custom made the wait time is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonade View Post
    Have a Supertuck for my XD40 Service and a Galco Stow-N-Go. Both are very comfortable. Have only been carrying for a short time in public, but have worn them around the house to try them out. Took 79 days to get my CCW on 5/4/10. They both conceal very well, and they give me some options on what clothing I am going to wear. I am a big guy, 5' 11", 285 lbs and some holsters just do not work at all for me. I went to my friendly local dealer and tried on several different types of holsters before I purchased any. You really can't lose on the Supertuck because you have two weeks to try it out and return it, no questions, no hassel.
    Withe the Supertuck or the regular IWB, do you still have to wear a one size larger pair of pants?

I'm amazed that you folks can carry such large weapons in the waistband, and with a holster to boot! I adapted the Kel-Tek P3AT belt clip to my Ruger LCP. I tuck the entire weapon into my waistband. Tried an Uncle Mike's 8910-1 (Size 10), but it holds the weapon way too high, and there is no fabric between the top of the gun and my skin.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I'm amazed that you folks can carry such large weapons in the waistband, and with a holster to boot! I adapted the Kel-Tek P3AT belt clip to my Ruger LCP. I tuck the entire weapon into my waistband. Tried an Uncle Mike's 8910-1 (Size 10), but it holds the weapon way too high, and there is no fabric between the top of the gun and my skin.

Good luck!
    I am amazed too.I don't see how they do it.

I had to wear My Milt Sparks Versa MaxII with a Full size Kimber For 48 hours straight when we bugged out for Rita, and Much of the time I couldn't even feel it, Now the double mag carrier was noticeable but not so much the Holster
    Never pass up a good oppertunity to keep your mouth shut
    Semper Fi

Looking for good IWB holster.

I have one from a custom maker on Glock Talk, Kwart, Shielded Holsters.

It has belt slots for OWB and metal clips for IWB. More versatile and Nicer looking than the Supertuck, and it came in a week! I am ordering a custom mag holder that has OWB and IWB capability with a 2 mag capacity.

Extremely comfortable! Even with a Block 23.

Easy to carry a Glock 23...or 27.
    www.holstershock.com

Tell 'em CDR Glock sent ya!

11. Now that I've had plenty of hours and days wotking with the Cross Breed Super Tuck and a Galco Sky Ops for my Glock 27, the Cross Breed wins by far for comfort and concealment. The only think about the Cross Breed is the large belt clips that a trained eye knows what it is. I typically wear dress slacks with either a polo type shirt or a button up dress shirt. If you have the ST adjusted properly (i.e. cant) it very comfortable and will not print with even more fitted shirts. My first day wearing it within a few minutes you barely notice your wearing it. I spend a lot of time driving and sitting in the car is no problem. I can even access it while seated if needed.

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast