How Long Does Take To Get a Permit
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Does Take To Get a Permit

How Long Does Take To Get a Permit

I live in Charlotte NC which is a Shall Permit State. I'm in Mecklenburg County. I took my ccw class back on April 10th. I called the Sheriff’s office to make the appointment to apply for the permit and the earliest they could get me in is May 27th. Does anyone know if Mecklenburg will take the full 90 days to issue the permit or will they do it faster?

3. hey I'm in Brunswick cty, honestly it isn't your sheriff's office that takes so long it's all the record places and the SBI. But I got my in about two months time, almost on the dot.

I dont know how they do things in NC. But in Michigan, we go to the county clerk, you send in your application, they give you a little sheet of paper, and it gives you a "rough time period" as to when it could be in. They were telling me at the Earliest Id receive mine in just 9 weeks, I believe I got mine in just under 6 weeks.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

5. I filled out a basic information sheet at the police station and a few days latter they pulled into my drive and handed me my permit. Subsequent renewals have been just as quick. There are some advantages to living in NH.

handgonnetoter Guest
    I have mine for the state of Indiana. I have had one for years, so the renewal time from when I renew and the time it arrives is only about 3-4 weeks. I know a guy at work who applied for his permit(the 4 year not the lifetime) and it took about 10 weeks for him to get it. I don't know if it was because he was a first time applicant or what.

7. I'm not sure if i am on right page but i got my permit in Maine in about 6 weeks.

8. Took me 6 weeks in Tennessee. Some of my friends got it in 4. I think the general consensus in just about any state is 3-10 weeks.

Hi from San Bernardino County in California. It is taking about 4-6 month out here. Glad to here that there are place that take less time. Must be nice to have it personal deliver to you at your house.

10. it took 2 months for mine in fresno county,CA

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rimrider View Post
    Must be nice to have it personal deliver to you at your house.
    Welcome to the Forum Rimrider, I am kinda new here also. You have got to love small towns. One Chief, two Officers and no stop lights.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast