Defending your PETS????... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Defending your PETS????...

It is important, as stated in some replies, that the attacking animal was not only attacking your pet, BUT WAS, IN YOUR OPINION, INTENT ON ATTACKING YOU AND YOU HAD REASONABLE FEAR OF IMMINENT DANGER OF GREAT BODILY INJURY-- with those words, you have put sufficient commentary on the situation to allow your actions. No one can question the animal in question so it becomes a moot point unless there are many witnesses who clearly have a different opinion--but then again they were not the ones put in harms way by the offending animal and felt threatened. Certainly on your property away from any conflicting witnesses I would go back to my capitalized statement. As far as I am concerned, if an animal is intent on attacking my animal and I am nearby, he can easily turn on me and, again, I would stand firm on my capitalized statement; I would not watch my animal be mauled and not do EVERYTHING I could to eliminate the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Is one able to protect their pets from rape with deadly force?
    KN, Step away from the poodle!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    I would not shoot an attacking animal to defend my dog. I would shoot it to defend ME. Being in fear for MY safety should work in any state. It would be purely coincidental that my actions protected my dog. That's my story, officer, and I'm sticking to it
    +1. First, I would put my boot in the a$$ or upside the head of the attacking critter. This would probably draw its attention to me, if it wasn't deterred by my action. Now, I am indeed in fear for my safety (assuming the attacking beast wasn't a chihuahua!).
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Human vs Non-Human

Shooting a non-human animal that was attacking me, my family or my dogs: Yes

Shooting a human that was attacking me, my family: Yes

Shooting a human that was attacking my dogs: No

6. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    KN, Step away from the poodle!
    JJ you are such a "kill joy"
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    I would not shoot an attacking animal to defend my dog. I would shoot it to defend ME. Being in fear for MY safety should work in any state. It would be purely coincidental that my actions protected my dog. That's my story, officer, and I'm sticking to it
    Vote ditto !! Thanks for your service ! God Bless .

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Is one able to protect their pets from rape with deadly force?

Maybe we should organize a website outing to walk all of our dogs there.

9. In California, people have a statutory right to kill dogs that attack certain listed animals, and a common-law right to defend their other domestic animals from attack under most circumstances. Other states have laws that are similar in nature; however, the list of animals might be different, so the laws have to be read carefully.

California provides a privilege to kill any animal that is worrying, wounding or killing certain other animals. California Civil Code section 3341, subdivision 2, states that any person can kill any animal (including a dog) that is off the premises of the owner and is worrying, wounding or killing certain listed animals:
    What are the people of CA supposed to do? Charge the violent animal with a knife? Use harsh language?

Shooting a non-human animal that was attacking me, my family or my dogs: Yes

Shooting a human that was attacking me, my family: Yes

Shooting a human that was attacking my dogs: Absolutely.

My dog is part of our family. My dog can not take care of herself. She depends on me. You attack my dog, you attack me. Be prepared for the consequences.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I agree!

I feel the same way about my animals, five dogs and a cat. They are family, mess with them, you mess with me! I would not hesitate to use any amount of force necessary to stop an attack on ANY member of my family, two OR four legged! Some of my best friends have four legs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast