New RUGER LCR .357 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New RUGER LCR .357

speaking of lightweight wheelguns, I had a blast shooting my 329pd, (44mag) with 240gr, rubber grips of course, and the people at the range thought it was a 50 by the sound! It is managable with mag loads, but for carry, common sense prevailing, I'd want managed recoil rounds or 44spl loads. The same would be true if I carry the 327pd (357mag). Managed recoil rounds for carry

Sp101

I was looking at the LCR .357 but they are not approved in MA yet so I purchased a Ruger SP101 which is heavier but built like a tank and should last for a long long time.

4. Just got the Ruger LCR 357

I took it out to a gravel pit and shot 15 rounds of 357 mag. From reading the predictions about this gun, I half expected it to tear my hand off from the recoil. The reality is that this gun is as easy on the hand as my brother in laws 9mm if not gentler. This gun in 357 is fine for anyone and the recoil was minimal. I could easily shoot it with one hand and go through 50 rounds of 357 ammo in one sitting. So much for the experts predictions. Love the gun. Small, light and with the power of a 357. This is going to sell $$$$.

I just purchase a new Ruger LCR .357 last week. loving this thing so far with .38 specials. I have not purchased any .357's yet.

Oh and i got mine for $449. That was a sweet deal for me.

I own the LCR .38 + P and carry it the most out of my hand guns. Its really not that bad to shoot with a +P load and accuracy at 20 yds is just fine. It does what its supposed to do. Great conceal gun!

7. I have both the Ruger LCR 38 and the LCR 357. My wife took the 38 so I had to purchase
    the LCR 357. After reading the comments about the recoil I was expecting it to be really bad, but to my surprise the recoil was minimal. It's even easy to shoot with one hand.
    I'm really glad I purchased it and I would recommend it.

Any chronograph numbers floating around on the web? I'm curious to know the velocity differences between that 1.8" bbl firing .357 mag rounds versus .38 Spl rounds if anyone has handloaded the same bullet weights for comparison. Is there a justifiable increase..or is that extra powder being converted mainly to muzzle blast & flash with a resulting loss of accuracy for the 'average' shooter?

Bobbyk's lack of recoil comment from someone who has fired both the LCR 38 and the LCR 357 would tend to make me think there's likely little difference in terminal velocity at defensive distances. Obviously he's largely immune to the increased blast and flash from a short-barrel .357 which is still burning a lot of powder after the bullet has already exited the bbl.

3X PM

Sgt roy e payne

I HAVE A RUGER LCR .357 FOR MY CONCEAL CARRY. I LOAD THE 38+ AMMO IN THE 17 OZ LCR AND FIND IT A GOOD COMBINATION FOR CONCEALABILITY AND RECOIL HANDLING. IF YOU'RE A "BIG BANG" FAN YOU'LL PROBABLY DISAGREE WITH THIS COMBINATION BUT IT WORKS FOR ME. THE LCR IS THE BEST SNUBBIE I'VE EVER OWNED WITH A GREAT TRIGGER ACTION. SECOND TO THE COLY PYTHON I USE TO OWN THE LCR IN THE BEST FACTORY REVOLVER I'VE EVER OWNED. WITH A PISTOL THIS SIZE IF YOU IN A CLOSE RANGE SHOOTOUT WITH GOOD VISIBILITY I'D GO FOR HEAD SHOTS.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234