New RUGER LCR .357
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New RUGER LCR .357

New RUGER LCR .357

brand new to the scene, anyone here plan on getting one ? i wonder if it will be difficult to shoot like the LCP

Quote Originally Posted by ALUCARD View Post
    brand new to the scene, anyone here plan on getting one ? i wonder if it will be difficult to shoot like the LCP
    I haven't found the LCP to be difficult to shoot. I'd be interested in the new .357. Might be a good jacket pocket gun.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

4. I will stick to my SP101 in .357. At 25 oz, that is light enough. The LCR is only 17 oz, better than the really light weights of 13 oz, but still, that is a whole lot of bang handled by your hand with very little weight to mitigate it..

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    I will stick to my SP101 in .357. At 25 oz, that is light enough. The LCR is only 17 oz, better than the really light weights of 13 oz, but still, that is a whole lot of bang handled by your hand with very little weight to mitigate it..
    And I thought Alaskans were supposed to be tough!
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

6. Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    And I thought Alaskans were supposed to be tough!
    Only when we are young and dumb. What do you have left to prove after you are 50? I did get my simply rugged holster yesterday for my SP101, so perhaps there remains a little. No thanks to the LCR .357.

I found the LCP to be a challenge to shoot the first time, fine after a day at the range.

Would like to try the .357 LCR!

I have one word for anything lightweight in .357.
    O U C H
    If pulling the trigger is painful, why bother?

Recoil Calculator

Its tough to hit anything with the LCR 38, and it gives you a pretty good hit, a 357? had a light 357 smith snubby that dam little gun hurt, I would rather shoot my 454, but to be honest, if these little guns are kept and used for there intended purpose, self defence, they will be fine, what pisses people off is they buy these little guns and go to the range, and don't do well, or the guns gives them more of a wack than they were expecting, they don't want it no more

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Its tough to hit anything with the LCR 38, and it gives you a pretty good hit, a 357? had a light 357 smith snubby that dam little gun hurt, I would rather shoot my 454, but to be honest, if these little guns are kept and used for there intended purpose, self defence, they will be fine, what pisses people off is they buy these little guns and go to the range, and don't do well, or the guns gives them more of a wack than they were expecting, they don't want it no more
    +1. If used in a self defense situation by a novice, they probably will fire that .357 once and drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    That sounds good. Maybe I can pick one slightly used for cheap.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast