Looking for a weak hand fixed blade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a weak hand fixed blade

Looking for a weak hand fixed blade

I have been looking for a knife to keep on my weak hand side for carry purposes.

I don't want to spend a lot and i have seen a couple very cheap ones that i was wondering if i could do better for about the same price or more.

I like the KA-BAR TDI last ditch and the regular TDI

Any gripes or similar products? Maybe even an aftermarket holster that works good with either?

Amazon.com: KA-BAR TDI Law Enforcement Last Ditch Knife: Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: KA-BAR TDI Law Enforcement Straight Edge Knife: Sports & Outdoors

Just listing amazon for reference, i would search around for better prices.

I should probably point out that i don't currently have any carry knifes and i don't currently use one. I might need to get both of those knifes i guess?

I have bought about 6 or 7 knives from here .

Cool Hand Cutlery : Home

JSDinTexas Guest
    Try this, I know the guy that runs the site and he is honest and pretty cool

TheKnifeAuction Knives

i carry a master cutlery knife with a curved blade. spent about $20 bucks for the knife then $3 to have him use a wet stone on it to really put an edge on the blade. only regret is no pocket clip. id rather have one of those. just good for a well made knife and see if they can sharpen it for you.

Just thought i would see if any of you have any more options out there for fixed blade knives or the best places to buy one?

I am not sure what you mean by a "weak hand knife". But not letting my ignorance get in the way, I will comment anyway.

I would be careful about cheap. If your life is at stake wouldn't you want something you could absolutely rely on?

Every day I carry a Benchmade AFCK. It has a clip and opens easily with one hand. The blade is a liner lock and half serrated and half edged. It holds the edge well and in ten years I doubt that I've sharpened it more than once a year. Mind you, I do not use it for chopping down trees or clearing paths like Bear Grylls, but I do use it for things "normal" people might.

Now and then I carry a SOG double edge in a kydex sheath. It can be worn inside or outside the waist band. I think I paid less than $30 for it.

That said, any knife may be better than none at all.

By weak hand i mean a fixed blade knife i could use to fend off an attacker should my shooting hand be incapacitated.

I was looking at the Ka-Bar TDI and would like to know if there are any knifes in that price range or maybe even that category of knife.

I am not sure I would like the shape you chose. However, that is strictly a personal choice. Pick what works for you. Here is one I like and priced right.
    SOG Mini-Pentagon Boot Knife-NEW IN BOX-- BEST PRICE! - eBay (item 250645970631 end time Jun-13-10 04:05:26 PDT)

Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by shooter2 View Post
    I am not sure I would like the shape you chose. However, that is strictly a personal choice. Pick what works for you. Here is one I like and priced right.
    SOG Mini-Pentagon Boot Knife-NEW IN BOX-- BEST PRICE! - eBay (item 250645970631 end time Jun-13-10 04:05:26 PDT)

Good luck...
    I actually like that look of the knife and it seems like a quality piece. Like the sheath look too i wonder how well it holds to a boot?

Is that brand SOG a reputable company or should i look at other brands?

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    I actually like that look of the knife and it seems like a quality piece. Like the sheath look too i wonder how well it holds to a boot?

Is that brand SOG a reputable company or should i look at other brands?
    Reputable? Yes, in so far as I know. I have the Pentagon and carry it occasionally. I've never had to use it (thanks be to God) so I cannot tell you how it holds up in use. It's made in Japan and they do have a good history of blade making.

The OAL with the sheath is 8.75". The blade measures 3.75". The knife is tight in the sheath. The sheath has a clip and I suppose you could carry it in a boot, but I never wear high boots so I do not know. I carry on my belt OWB. The handle has a nice feel.

I trust it about as much as I trust my Benchmade. In knives. like guns, you pretty much get what you pay for.

Blessings, S2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast