Funny and true!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny and true!!!

Talking Life Support

I just had one of those "one in a million" thoughts...lol.

If someone inappropriately asked you (or bumped into or felt you) what that was...just say...

"That's my LIFE SUPPORT device in a hard case!"

Otherwise, keep arm & elbow covering the area...or keep several feet away from "people"...aka "sheepies"...lol.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckad5583 View Post
    I'm new here, just sighned up as a matter of fact. I liked the way you handled that. Like some one else stated it Is no big deal. So why make it into one. Had a similar experiance with a differant end. I am active duty military but work at a gunshop off duty. We open carry in the store because it is in the middle of town, and we get some off kilter people in. I used to go to the pet shop accross the street after to buy rats for my snakes. My not then but is now wife worked there. So i was leaning on the counter trying to spark her interest. When some lady realized i was armed. She was not calm at all. I tried a similar aproach to yours. Did not have a permit at the time Because active military are not required to have one in Ga. She was histarical, the owner came out and listened to her. Then revealed that he as well as my soon to be wife carried. Then asked her to eather calm down or leave.
    Don't worry about that lady. When the chunks hit the fan, people like her will be the first to go down and will make more room for people like us that have at least half their brain cells working at any given time!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Running Arrow Bill View Post
    I just had one of those "one in a million" thoughts...lol.

If someone inappropriately asked you (or bumped into or felt you) what that was...just say...

"That's my LIFE SUPPORT device in a hard case!"

Otherwise, keep arm & elbow covering the area...or keep several feet away from "people"...aka "sheepies"...lol.
    I've a friend who wears a hard-case insulin pump. Maybe you could claim you were wearing the same thing. But why lie?

Sounds like the lady got what she deserved for touching a complete stranger like that!

She didn't put a hand on me. i was using a Bianchi minimalist holster with a full size 1911. So the only concealment i had realy was my shirt tail. I mean, i wasn't flashing it around but wasn't realy concerned with hiding it eather. We had people try to rob us a couple times. The recon cruises through the store dropped off a lot after we started carrying. We only had one attempt between then and when i left to come over here. There happened to be 2 plain clothes cops in the store at the time. That was funny. Very suprised bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Well done festus; and well said FN..
    what he said, and good to here from you again Festus.

Thanks Old Vet!

Quote Originally Posted by oldvet53 View Post
    what he said, and good to here from you again Festus.
    Thanks Old Vet Good to see you back at it as well...
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

9. Quote Originally Posted by colt4me View Post
    Being that the other lady was quite hysterical one wonders why she didn't run from the store and out into the street to get away from you and the manager and your fiancée while screaming the proverbial, "Man with a gun!" Good for the 3 of you for how you handled the situation. Was she able to calm down enough for the manager to explain the law to her?
    I wonder about that. "Oh, I'm terrified. Now i'm gonan ***** at you until until you see my point."

Quote Originally Posted by Luckad5583 View Post
    She didn't put a hand on me. i was using a Bianchi minimalist holster with a full size 1911. So the only concealment i had realy was my shirt tail. I mean, i wasn't flashing it around but wasn't realy concerned with hiding it eather. We had people try to rob us a couple times. The recon cruises through the store dropped off a lot after we started carrying. We only had one attempt between then and when i left to come over here. There happened to be 2 plain clothes cops in the store at the time. That was funny. Very suprised bad guys.
    Criminals robing a gun store. Darwin Award Winners!!

Great story and great advice so others can do it well IF it should happen to them..

Here is some advice that I found to work..
    I Go to church and there are LOTS of huggers there.. I carry IWB, SOB. I've found that IF I direct my arms downward as they approach, they automatically hug me up high.. It almost always works and the other person never even thinks about it, they are just reacting to the situation..
    The ONLY time it did not work was with a woman we ride with frequently and she knows I carry, so it was no big deal..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast