How OFten do u all practice ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How OFten do u all practice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lweson View Post
    I do dry fire drills 2-3 times a week, and go to the range twice a month and fire about 3-4 mags.
    Once a week for me. I carry, but I have guns for shooting fun mostly.

We have 11 acres in the middle of no where with lots of banks we can shoot in to. I don't practice often enough.
    Wow! We're not allowed to shoot into banks here in Nevada. Pisses off the customers.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I try to shoot about once a week 50 to 100 rounds. Most of the time I am working with someone else on their shooting. But its all good.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

5. point and shoot

I like to practice at least once a week. Can do it in my own backyard. I put up a sheet of the newspaper and back up about 10 to 12 feet and practice drawing and point and shoot. Can hit the newspage about 90% of the time. Will slowly increase the distance over time. I practice both with my 327 revolver and a 9mm semi auto. Hope I never have to draw in anger, but want to be prepared. Probably shoot 40 to 50 rounds a week and use the cheaper 32 wadcutters in the 327. Am considering doing some reloading in the future.

Since I too can shoot in my backyard, I tend to practice atleast twice per week. As everyone knows the high price of ammo makes it difficult but, if I cant afford to shoot up anymore .45 ammo, Ill pull out the .22's or even take the hunting rifles out of the safe (or anything else I have extra ammo for).

Its too bad that the handgun ammo seems to go soooooooooo fast, can never have enough.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

If i had more income then it would be less of a problem, but trying to keep enough rounds in my safe for my own use is hard enough, let alone paying a range fee because i don't have any land to shoot on.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    If i had more income then it would be less of a problem, but trying to keep enough rounds in my safe for my own use is hard enough, let alone paying a range fee because i don't have any land to shoot on.
    Look into Airsoft-type guns. They make models duplicating look and feel of many popular handguns, and practicing with one is less expensive.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
    I try and get there about once every two weeks, when weather permits.
    I mostly only shoot rifles, and I need to keep my eye and hand working together,
    But sometimes it goes to once a month when we have WEEKS of rain.

If I don't get there at least once a month, I mostly shoot the same zip code,
    When I'm trying to shoot MOA targets!

Pistol shooting comes back quicker than rifle shooting does,
    Reflex shooting a pistol, once learned, is mostly muscle memory,
    While rifle shooting is a constantly changing environment and needs to be practiced to hit a 500 yard target.

If I can get 20 well aimed shots from the .308 a week, my eye, hand & body start working together again,
    If I don't get those 20 rounds every week or so, then the groups start to get bigger and bigger, and if I go a couple of months, I'm lucky to print on the target at all!

This two weeks has been a total wash out,
    Every time I think I'm getting enough sunshine to get some range practice in, then it rains again before I can get loaded or set up at the range!

For me, it's a good stress reliever also,
    You can't think about a million other things and do well on the targets, so it's a good way to clear out my head and get down to basic brass tacks to hit anything!
    I always feel much better after a day at the range, or even a couple of hours!
    Man you are right on target there! I am the same way. I earned my 3rd award expert shooting badge in the Marines, and filled in as a range coach twice, but now I sometimes have it hard at 300 yards with a scope! I just don't understand it. Maybe I spend too much time behind the handgun and not enough behind the rifle. (Just the opposite in the service) I have a Savage bolt gun in .22WMR that, for some reason, I can shoot wickedly accurate. The center fires I am just average with.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    Hey 901-Memphis, is that Sigma of yours in 9mm or .40? I had one in .40 and still kick myself for selling it to my older brother!

11. So far this year, I have been to three professional classes each lasting two full days and requiring 1000+ rounds.

I have also been to the range many times, including today. I worked out a new rifle (250 rounds) and worked on my "get off the x" techniques for the pistol (250 rounds).

I try to shoot at least once a month.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast