Experience with moving...?
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Experience with moving...?

  1. #1

    Question Experience with moving...?

    Hoping someone on here may know the answer to my question.

    I was a resident of Massachusetts and had a valid non-res CCW for Florida.

    I recently got out of the Marine Corps and moved to North Carolina so changed my residency.

    Is there a process in place where I can pay some sort of transfer fee to have a permit re-issued to me under my new address or would I have to go through the whole process again and apply as a new applicant?

    I did update my address with them through their website, however the concern is in the event I had to produce my permit the address shown is no where close to my current drivers license address....

    Again...just wondering if anyone has had experience with this prior to me having to call the FL dept of Agr and sit on hold for a while.

    Thanks for the input!
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

  3. Just notify Florida of your change of address.

    Concealed Weapons or Firearm Program - Division of Licensing, FDACS

    Telehpone 850 24 55691

    Telephone service representatives are available Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, except designated State of Florida holidays.

  4. #3
    Did you see this page?

    The law does not require you to obtain a revised license after a change of address. You can continue to carry your current license until it expires; however, if you would like a revised license that does not include your residence address, please send us a written request along with a check or money order in the amount of $15.00 made payable to the Division of Licensing AND a passport-type color photograph.

  5. To submit your change of address, go to This Page: https://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/li...hgaddr790.html
    You must submit your change of address within 30 days.

    You do not have to get a new copy of your Florida CWFL. The newer ones do not even have you address printed on them.
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Omaha, NE
    if that's the case, what is the difference between the state resident and non resident licenses?
    Never had to use my gun, never want to use my gun, will not hesitate to use my gun.

  7. #6
    wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeler8 View Post
    if that's the case, what is the difference between the state resident and non resident licenses?
    You have to present your state issued DL or ID with the FL CWL. At least one of these will have your current address. If it's not a FL address, you are holding a Non-res FL CWL

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone have warranty experience with Magnum Research?
    By SpaceFrank in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 03:33 AM
  2. First Post, Moving to MO from AK, very nervous!
    By Goblin308 in forum Missouri Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 10:56 PM
  3. Positive First LEO experience
    By abock33 in forum LEO Encounters
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 10:53 PM
  4. moving fm TX to KS for Military school and no carry
    By awmp in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts