Ohio reaches CCW reciprocity agreement with North Dakota

Thread: Ohio reaches CCW reciprocity agreement with North Dakota

Ohio reaches CCW reciprocity agreement with North Dakota

Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray has announced concealed carry reciprocity with the state of North Dakota!

North Dakota becomes the 20th state to have reciprocity with Ohio and the second new agreement announced this month.

Read the text of AG Cordray's announcement below.

I am pleased to inform you that my office has negotiated another agreement to extend the concealed carry privileges of licensed Ohioans who are travelling in other states.

Effective immediately, North Dakota is the 20th state to enter into concealed carry reciprocity with Ohio. Important agreements such as this help law-abiding, licensed citizens exercise their constitutionally protected rights in a number of different states across the country. Earlier this month, my office also negotiated a reciprocity agreement with the state of Nebraska. I support concealed carry, and this office will continue to search for new concealed carry reciprocity partners.

North Dakota has a two-tiered concealed weapons license system, in which applicants can either apply for a Class I or Class II license. Ohio will only recognize North Dakota's Class I license because its training and testing requirements more closely align with the license requirements of Ohio. These measures are necessary to ensure the safety of all Ohioans, and are required by law.

With this latest agreement, Ohio's concealed handgun licensees may now carry concealed firearms throughout the state of North Dakota; similarly, lawful North Dakota's licensees who hold a Class I license may now carry concealed firearms in Ohio.

In an attempt to simplify the agreement and make it more convenient to print and carry, the document is a single page.

Read the agreement here:
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Reciprocity Agreement

The Attorney General's Office maintains concealed carry statistics online on the number of licenses issued each year in Ohio, as well as a listing of other states that have reciprocity agreements with Ohio, copies of license applications and a handbook on Ohio's concealed carry law.

Learn more about concealed carry in Ohio:
    Concealed Carry

Sincerely,

Richard Cordray
    Ohio Attorney General

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

handgonnetoter Guest
    Thats great! NOW IF I COULD GET OHIO TO RECOGNIZE MY INDIANA PERMIT LIKE WE RECOGNIZE THEIRS!!!!!!!!!

Great news!!
    "A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job." - John Wayne

Yes, very good news....Now, hopefully, the other "pending" states will follow suit.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

6. First post

I finally got off my butt and checked in to getting my carry permit. Checking into what states i can carry? I live in Va and drive a truck thru 48 states. would appr any help. thanks and i wiil support ths site.
    Trapper

Wow....I wish we could dump Martha "Marcia" Coakley and get a rea AG like they have in Ohio!

Great! What is a Class II North Dakota License?

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Regulator99 View Post
    Yes, very good news....Now, hopefully, the other "pending" states will follow suit.
    It's good to see progress, even if it is only one step at a time.

I am from Ohio originally and I know I should be moving back there so I can get my permit.
    Sharon Schuckman
    Put on the Armor of God. And carry the biggest weapon you have.

Quote Originally Posted by zzztrapper View Post
    I finally got off my butt and checked in to getting my carry permit. Checking into what states i can carry? I live in Va and drive a truck thru 48 states. would appr any help. thanks and i wiil support ths site.
    Trapper
    You might find Handgunlaw.us very helpful for this information.