Tennessee CC Update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennessee CC Update

Arrow Tennessee CC Update

Tennessee Senate Overrides Restaurant Carry Veto

Today, Thursday, May 27, the Tennessee State Senate overrode Governor Phil Bredesen’s (D) veto of Senate Bill 3012 by a vote of 22 to 10. This legislation now heads to the State House and could be heard as early as Tuesday, June 1.

Sponsored by State Senator Doug Jackson (D-25) and State Representative Curry Todd (R-95), SB 3012 would allow a person who has a valid right-to-carry permit to carry a firearm for self-defense in restaurants where alcohol may be served, as long as the permit holder is not consuming alcohol or is not otherwise prohibited by posting provisions.

Quote Originally Posted by proscene View Post

Today, Thursday, May 27, the Tennessee State Senate overrode Governor Phil Bredesenís (D) veto of Senate Bill 3012 by a vote of 22 to 10. This legislation now heads to the State House and could be heard as early as Tuesday, June 1.

Sponsored by State Senator Doug Jackson (D-25) and State Representative Curry Todd (R-95), SB 3012 would allow a person who has a valid right-to-carry permit to carry a firearm for self-defense in restaurants where alcohol may be served, as long as the permit holder is not consuming alcohol or is not otherwise prohibited by posting provisions.
    This is the second time Bredesen has pulled this stupid crap!

4. This makes me happy. I hate Governor Bredesen.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    This makes me happy. I hate Governor Bredesen.
    It is not nice to hate the mentally challenged!

6. It is the height of ignorance and egotism to veto a bill that is the will of the people. To top this by having no idea of what the will of the people is but rather only what the will of your wife (she with the rolling pin) is leads one to believe that one is unfit for the position for which he/she was elected.

It does give the Senate an opportunity to flex its muscle and is deservingly an embarrassment to the Governor as it should be.

TN is one of the states that I refuse to even drive through without carrying; I will circumvent the entire state in planning my vacation routes based on their gun laws.

It is indeed fortunate for the good people of the great state of TN that their directly elected representatives actually represent the right-thinking will of the people and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America for which many of us fought and for which many of our relatives and forefathers paid the supreme sacrifice.

I'd like to think that my cousin did not die in the service of his country for naught. The elected process DOES work albeit somewhat slowly and not without hiccups from those that would manipulate the political process.

Bravo Zulu Tennessee!

Tennessee has some very good firearms carry laws. I carry there 3 or 4 times each year. The Governor needs to understand that he will lose this battle. 42 other states have laws like this one and are not having a problem.

8. I live in Nashville. Tennessee is not as gun-friendly as you might think. They require a police chief signature within 15 days of buying any NFA weapons, and you can't carry in your car without a permit. Also, the chief of police in Nashville is pro-sheep. I've only seen one person open-carrying in the last year (besides me).
    I know this law will end up passing. I give a big middle-finger to Governor Bredesen.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by proscene View Post

Today, Thursday, May 27, the Tennessee State Senate overrode Governor Phil Bredesenís (D) veto of Senate Bill 3012 by a vote of 22 to 10. This legislation now heads to the State House and could be heard as early as Tuesday, June 1.

Chalk one up for the South! I hope it passes.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    This makes me happy. I hate Governor Bredesen.
    Yeah. I read in my American Rifleman that this bozo snookered the NRA in backing him, then turn coated on them and has become kinda anti-gun! What a chump. It will cause him some problems at the polls the next time around. I was stationed in Millington for a while going thru a Navy (I was in the Corps) electronics school, and there is one thing I learned about Southerners. THEY DON'T LIKE GETTING JERKED AROUND!

11. Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Yeah. I read in my American Rifleman that this bozo snookered the NRA in backing him, then turn coated on them and has become kinda anti-gun! What a chump. It will cause him some problems at the polls the next time around. I was stationed in Millington for a while going thru a Navy (I was in the Corps) electronics school, and there is one thing I learned about Southerners. THEY DON'T LIKE GETTING JERKED AROUND!
    Truth is that nobody likes getting jerked around, especially by someone who has their own agenda and intends to impose it on the electors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast