Purchase Permit -MI - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchase Permit -MI

Got a call today from a different lady at the pd and she told me my permit was ready. when i got there i asked what the hell was the hold up. I guess the only process permit apps on Tuesdays and Thursdays so even though i was there at 9 am on Tuesday they still had some left from the Thursday before... its still a load of BS. like Itstjs said it should only take 10 min tops.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy48026 View Post
    Got a call today from a different lady at the pd and she told me my permit was ready. when i got there i asked what the hell was the hold up. I guess the only process permit apps on Tuesdays and Thursdays so even though i was there at 9 am on Tuesday they still had some left from the Thursday before... its still a load of BS. like Itstjs said it should only take 10 min tops.
    Now that sounds like budget issues and a high demand issue to me... Not a process issue...
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by carguy48026 View Post

That sure doesn't seem right for them to pick and choose what days to perform their duties. Are the courts open only certain days? What about the Secretary of State office? Government offices should be open for all matters on normal workdays and hours.

5. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    wow, 3 days for a purchase permit? When I got my M&P it literally took me 10 mins for the permit, they had me take some stupid "safety test," DID NOT check the answers, and threw it away. They took my license, and finger prints, and I was out of there.
    Once you get your CPL, things will be a hell of alot easier.
    Exactly like this at Kent County except I had to pay a $5.00 notary fee. I couldn't beleive how easy it was. Also nice that you don't have to go back for the safty inspection. You can either mail back the paperwork or drop it off to the Sheriffs office.

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

6. Quote Originally Posted by benjammin View Post
    That sure doesn't seem right for them to pick and choose what days to perform their duties. Are the courts open only certain days? What about the Secretary of State office? Government offices should be open for all matters on normal workdays and hours.
    It might depend on which office you go to within your county. Here in Kent County the main Sheriffs office (the one with the inmates) is open every weekday. The Sub Stations are not open Monday for sure and I think they are also closed on Friday. However on the days their open I received my permit to purchase within 5 minutes both times. Now that I have a CPL I no longer have to deal with that either.

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12