CC Without CCW
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CC Without CCW

CC Without CCW

As many of you know, it's very very difficuolt to get a CCW in California. Here's my delima. I am in the process of getting a out of state CCW from Nevada. That will allow me to carry in many cooperating states (but not Calif). At the present time, I carry without a CCW. I know, I know, it's illegal. But none the less I do it.I'm a 66 year old grandpa, that's pretty harmless lookinng. I haven't been stopped by the police in 30 years. MY Question and need for advice: What are the penalities for CC without CCW in California? Is it anything that a LEO would shine on if I passed the attitude test? Is it an immediate arrest and off to jail (with vehicle being impounded?). Basically, is it worth the chance? My immediate attitude is that I'd rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6. Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

Recognize, also, that - should you be caught and tried and found guilty - your opportunities for EVER acquiring a CCW Permit anytime in the future is shot...in ANY State!

That thought is about the only thing that keeps me from "going commando" here!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32į & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

YouTube - Dragnet Jack Webb "What Do They Pay You?"

Absent aggravating circumstances, carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle or on your person is a misdemeanor. If convicted of this offense, you face

informal (otherwise known as "summary") probation,

up to one year in a county jail, and

a maximum $1,000 fine.23

When there are aggravating factors, those circumstances elevate the misdemeanor to a "wobbler" or to a straight felony. A "wobbler" is an offense that prosecutors can file as either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on (1) the circumstances of the offense, and (2) your criminal history.

Carrying a Loaded Firearm in Public or a Vehicle | CA Penal Code 12031

5. I hope you understand that you just told Big Brother what you're going to do. Monitors are all over these forums like ticks on a hound.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mobuck View Post
    I hope you understand that you just told Big Brother what you're going to do. Monitors are all over these forums like ticks on a hound.
    The government's got bigger fish to fry than an old man with a gun. Please be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by howsweet-it-iz View Post
    As many of you know, it's very very difficuolt to get a CCW in California. Here's my delima. I am in the process of getting a out of state CCW from Nevada. That will allow me to carry in many cooperating states (but not Calif). At the present time, I carry without a CCW. I know, I know, it's illegal. But none the less I do it.I'm a 66 year old grandpa, that's pretty harmless lookinng. I haven't been stopped by the police in 30 years. MY Question and need for advice: What are the penalities for CC without CCW in California? Is it anything that a LEO would shine on if I passed the attitude test? Is it an immediate arrest and off to jail (with vehicle being impounded?). Basically, is it worth the chance? My immediate attitude is that I'd rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6. Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

I strongly recommend that you contact an attorney who is familiar with the California laws pertaining to firearms. Keep in mind that you're posting on an open forum on the internet. Admitting that you're going to violate the law isn't a very good idea. There are ways that LE can find out who you are, where you're located and can use the info the dig up online against you in a court of law. I'm not an attorney, and not by any means offering "legal advice". CONSULT AN ATTORNEY WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH YOUR LOCAL LAWS!

I'm usually suspicious of new posters or posters with a minimal post count who ask questions about openly violating the law. I advise all list members to be careful on what you post online. You never know when it may come back and bite you in the _____ when you least expect it!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    The government's got bigger fish to fry than an old man with a gun. Please be realistic.
    Should he ever be caught and prosecuted, I assure you that it's very likely that the post on this forum will be used against him in court. I've seen it many times, and defendants are always surprised when their internet posts are read out loud by the prosecution for the jury to consider.

Be very careful what you post on the internet. It might not be used right away, but once it's out there, it's very difficult to completely erase.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

CC Without CCW

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Should he ever be caught and prosecuted, I assure you that it's very likely that the post on this forum will be used against him in court. I've seen it many times, and defendants are always surprised when their internet posts are read out loud by the prosecution for the jury to consider.

Be very careful what you post on the internet. It might not be used right away, but once it's out there, it's very difficult to completely erase.

gf
    Dear GF,
    Hah Hah ha, did I ever fool you. I'm a little old man with four wonderful grandkids. Do you think I would even consider risking not seeing my grandkids for a year in jail. Heaven's no!!!! I'm a law biding citizen that would never consider doing anything illegal. I have a license for my boat, for my car, for my business, a marriage license, even a license for my dog. Now does that soound like anyone that would knowingly put themselves in jeopardy? Anyone that would even consider carring a concealed weapon without a concealed weapon permit is just plain crazy.

Now, so far as these posts being used in a court of law . . . . . I say bring it on Mr. D.A., tell the jury all of the facts.

I swear, some people are soooooooo paranoid

Paranoid no....knowingly aware, yes. What glockfan has said is 100% truth. Besides dont you know that california is a pro-crime state?
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by howsweet-it-iz View Post
    Dear GF,
    Hah Hah ha, did I ever fool you. I'm a little old man with four wonderful grandkids. Do you think I would even consider risking not seeing my grandkids for a year in jail. Heaven's no!!!! I'm a law biding citizen that would never consider doing anything illegal. I have a license for my boat, for my car, for my business, a marriage license, even a license for my dog. Now does that soound like anyone that would knowingly put themselves in jeopardy? Anyone that would even consider carring a concealed weapon without a concealed weapon permit is just plain crazy.

Now, so far as these posts being used in a court of law . . . . . I say bring it on Mr. D.A., tell the jury all of the facts.

I swear, some people are soooooooo paranoid

What was the purpose of your post and stating:
    At the present time, I carry without a CCW. I know, I know, it's illegal. But none the less I do it.I'm a 66 year old grandpa, that's pretty harmless lookinng. I haven't been stopped by the police in 30 years. MY Question and need for advice:
    At this point, I strongly doubt that you're a "little old man". I have my suspicions, but I'll reserve them until I can back them up with facts.

You might not be aware, but many people come to this site seeking advice. Some may take whatever advice posted as "valid" and go out and do things that they're not supposed to. When they get caught, tried and convicted, their actions reflect on ALL law abiding gun owners. I feel that it's my responsibility as a responsible gun owning citizen and firearms instructor, to share my knowledge and do my best to see that this doesn't happen.

I don't know what kind of game you think you're playing here, but I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I don't appreciate folks coming on here asking a question, then saying "ha ha I fooled you....." when given sound advice.

Like it or not, this site is open to the public and can be readily found by various search engines using proper key words. I'm not sure if you've ever been privy to court proceedings or have any idea of how investigations are done, but I assure you that internet searches are now common practice.

Call me paranoid or whatever you want, as that's YOUR right protected by the 1st Amendment. I offer my advice based on personal experience and from what I've encountered on the job. I have testified many times in court for both the prosecution and defense. In many cases I'm asked questions regarding stuff people posted on internet forums or on social networking sites.

In case you're not aware, there are many people in this country who are attempting to further limit our 2A rights. We as gun owners and law abiding citizens need to do what we can to stop these people from further restricting our rights.

gf

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast